Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The shipping fee is based on the weight of the order, the shipping method and the destination. To see how much it would cost to ship a single item to you, please use the "Get shipping quote" link present on all product pages.
If you would like to order multiple products, simply add them to your shopping cart, and use the "Get Shipping Quote" link in your cart to get a quote for your entire order.
Yes, we ship to most countries! For more information, please see our Shipping Policy - International page.
The shipping methods available vary from one destination to another, so we invite you to check our Shipping Policy page to view the shipping methods available for each destination. You will also see what shipping methods are available for you when asking for a shipping quote with the "Get shipping quote" link on our website.
We accept credit cards, checks and money orders for US and Canadian orders. We also accept PayPal for orders from the US, Canada, and several other countries (click to see the list).
For international orders, we can take credit cards, money orders, and wire transfers.
WU Pay is available for US orders.
Please note that credit card payments for international orders and Canadian orders above $600 are subject to a variable ID verification fee. PayPal payments from outside the US, Canada and UK are also subject to an ID verification fee.
Please also note that there is a limit of $5,000 on US credit card payments, and $2,000 on international credit card payments. There is no maximum amount for other payment methods.
More information is available on our Payment Methods page.
We are required by law to charge tax on orders shipped to California and Kentucky. The rates are as follow:
- California: 9.00% of the order total before shipping
- Kentucky: 6.00% of the order total before shipping
No tax is charged on orders shipped outside of these two states.
We can ship to a different address only if it is approved by your credit card company click here for instructions.
Products that are in stock are generally shipped within 1–3 business days, while backorder products can take much longer. To that time, you need to add the package transit time with the carrier (UPS or USPS), which is indicated when you select the shipping method.
For example, if you order a product that is in stock and choose to have it shipped via UPS ground (2–5 business days), your order will generally take 3–8 business days to arrive to your door.
When you are on the page of a product that you would like to buy, simply click on the "add to cart" button to add it to your shopping cart. You can then go browse for other products and get back to your shopping cart at anytime by clicking on the "view cart" link on the top left corner of the site.
Once you are ready to checkout, simply click on the checkout button on your shopping cart. You will then enter the checkout process, which is made of four steps:
- Log in/register: you will be asked to log in to your existing Sonic Electronix account or to create one if you don't already have one. Having an account with us will allow you to easily keep track of your orders and support requests with us.
- Enter addresses: you will be asked to enter the billing and shipping addresses for your order on that step. The address entered in your profile will be pre-loaded, so you will not have to type it again.
- Enter shipping/payment information: you will be asked to choose a shipping method and a payment method for your order. You may also enter your car on that page. That will let us know which wiring harness and installation kit to include with your order if they are included for free.
- Confirm: you will be able to review your order on that page. If everything is correct, you may submit it and we will process it as soon as possible.
You can monitor your order status in your user account area. Once the order has been shipped, a link will be available for you to track it on the carrier's website.
We will send you an e-mail with tracking information when we ship your order.
Warranties are product-specific, and you can find information about a product's warranty in the Features & Specs tab on the product page. You can also learn more about warranties on our Warranty Information page.
Please see our return procedure, which explains the steps to follow to send a product back to us.
We would be glad to do that. Please click on the "Low Price Guarantee" link on the right of the product page for the beat a price request form and eligibility requirements.
We were founded in 2000, which means that we've been in business for 13 years in 2013. You can read more on our company on our About Us page.
Please see our Job Offers page for information on our current openings.
Please see our Contact page for complete information on how to contact us. We will be glad to answer your questions!