I love Pioneer subs, i have owned many many Pioneer and Premier subs, iv also owned other brands as well.....Orion, Diamond audio, Kicker, MTX and RF. I keep coming back to Pioneer because i love their sound and design. I have a single Pioneer Premier TS-W3002D4 in a 1cuft sealed enclosure, being pushed by a Pioneer PRS-D1200M. the sub is rated at 1000 rms, i am only giving it 600 rms and it sounds amazing. I plan on buying another Pioneer PRS-D1200M and strap it to the one i have, cant wait to see what this thing can do on 1200 watts!
Anyhow, the sub hits very low, very clean and very hard, it keeps up with everything i play and can get loud too. I Listen to about 80% hard rock/metal, and the other 20% is comprised of hip hop, electronic/industrial and pop rock. This sub makes all my music collection sounds great. It is a very musical sub, with good SQ if you are a rock fan, The Deftones never sounded so good, lol. And for a sealed enclosure it can really hit hard for hip hop fans, but i hear that in a ported enclosure these things can make hip hop sound amazing. I would venture to say that this a SQL sub.
i Have a friend that has 2 Diamond Audio D6 15's, and needless to say they sounds AMAZING and get INSANELY loud. He is the guy you hate because he has the cash to buy an incredible and expensive system. But when ever he rides with me, he always says how impressed he is with how well my one sub sounds off 600 watts.
Looks, in my opinion the Pioneer TS-W3002D4 is a sexy looking sub in and out of an enclosure, but still manages to look mean. The sub is built like a tank, and is heavy as hell. The pictures do not do it justice. i love the contrast of the black mat finish of the cone against the shiny black high gloss of the dust cap. Just plain sexy!
I dont care if people can hear me from two blocks away or if i set off alarms. i just want a sub that hits hard, clean, accurate and gets loud. The Pioneer TS-W3002D4 does that and does it well. Its not the best subwoofer in the world, and its not the most efficient, it requires a lot of power to really preform. But if you put it in the right enclosure, and give it the right amount of power, you will be surprised at what this $140 sub can do. I dont thing you will find a better preforming sub in this price range, and it can hang with the big boys like JL, Alpine, and Diamond. Well worth the money!
10 of 17 found this helpful