Showing 1 review for Alpine KCE-400BT (by Parrot)
|Customer Review Summary for Alpine KCE-400BT (by Parrot)|
|January 8, 2011||Alpine KCE-400BT Bluetooth® Adapter||
5 of 12 people found the following review helpful:
TJMagee from Denton, TX
Head Unit (Radio): Alpine CDA-9883
Phone: Droid X
NOTE: the standard wires that come with the KCE-400BT are not compatible with all Alpine radios. I had to buy two wires that were compatible (one for iPod adapter, the other for the radio unit). These cost me $50 extra.
- Quality of phone call is very good
- Can listen to MP3 and other radio applications (such as Pandora) via bluetooth
- I have to unpair/pair EVERY TIME I get into the car.
- My radio unit does not allow me to do a firmware update to the KCE-400BT on my own. The instructions state that I have to take it to my dealer to have the firmware updated. I bought this online, so I do not have a dealer to take this to, nor do I want to have to face an additional cost by taking it to a place that sells this item. However, I may have to do this at least once, if only to hope that a firmware update will resolve the issue of the unpair/pair that I have to go through every time I get into the car.
- Cannot use the voice command - you have to use the radio phone function to rotate through your phone book to dial a number.
I had a $60 bluetooth unit that clipped to my visor. I liked it alot, and thought that upgrading my radio bluetooth would be even better, especially since the car speakers would be used by the KCE-400BT. Overall call quality is great; however, the unpair/pair issue and not being able to use voice command are big takeaways (especially for my overall cost). If you have a newer Alpine radio unit, then this may work much better for you. But not so much if you have an older Alpine radio and a newer phone.