Showing 1 review for Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT
|Customer Review Summary for Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT|
|January 26, 2012||Powerful product||
5 of 11 people found the following review helpful:
JF from Montreal, PQ, Canada
I have been reading and waiting for a long time to get a good overall product. I used to have a Pioneer Premier DEH-940MP HU with a 13band EQ and 6V preout which I liked very much.
- This unit provides 7band EQ which is less than what I used to have but more than any other similar product, plus a 4V preout vs 2V for most of the navigation units. The only EQ I truly miss is the 12Khz one since the Z130BT stops at 10KHz. The High Pass Filter option covers all speakers; no HPFF and HPFR. Sound settings also provides interesting options for the subwoofer control, more than I expected, loudness control and other interesting options to help calibrate and set the unit like you want.
- There is a lot more options to configure and control the unit like you want from Bluetooth phone, to iPhone, Pandora (only works for USA). GPS unit is good, but I miss my Garmin. We'll see next upgrade if they revamp it a bit but it's not a show stopper. Unit still works in tunnels or where GPS can't see the sats if you plug the VSS wire.
- Bypass mod available on youtube. Works well, but never use Movie player while driving. Stay safe. Microphone is excellent for phone or voice command; just make sure you don't cover the side if you do an "integrated" and discreet installation in your dash.
In all, this unit is very powerful, I am pretty sure there still plenty of power to be used giving more functionality over future software upgrade.
There are 2 things I don't like with this unit:
- Scrolling pages either when browsing MP3 on your favorite media or when using XM Radio, scrolling through chanels.
- They need to make file browsing easier and safer. Adding a scrollbar on the side would be a start.
As I am a Canadian customer, I am very pleased with their excellent service and fast shipping. I had the unit in less than 4 days, considering my unit had to go through customs. Hats off to you guys, I'll be looking to do business with you again for sure.