Showing 1 review for ScyTek G25
|Customer Review Summary for ScyTek G25|
|September 4, 2011||Costs more than the price.||
4 of 7 people found the following review helpful:
Tony from Kirkland, WA
The Scytek G25 is, as far as I can tell, the G20 with a five-button remote... for which button 5 is undocumented because both the alarm-in-box and the Scytek website currently (04-Sept-2011) only have the G20 manual, even from the G25 page.
There are some other flaws.
1. The power lock trigger is negative-only. Huh? Who does this? My Ford, and most American cars, are positive-trigger, and most foreign cars explicitly require relays as reverse-polarity. That's two (large) relays and connectors you'll have to add.
2. The Dome Light output is... negative-trigger. Again, huh? Can you even NAME a car that always has power going through the dome light and only needs a ground to light up? That's another relay. Other outputs (e.g. Horn) are also screwy.
3. It's not fully documented. The manual states that the warranty is void if the install is not done by an authorized Scytek dealer. They must mean it because, for example, they only document ONE of the two siren wires. (The black one is ground, which may or may not be obvious to you.)
4. That fifth button... is never mentioned in the manual. It's tiny and has an 'F' on it.
5. The manual does state that you can silently arm/disarm by hitting Button 4 and then 1 or 2, but I never got disarm to be silent, and arm was hit-or-miss.
6. Rather low range. You really have to be in touching distance to get it to respond to the remote.
1. The alarm is very configurable and works well. It has a lot more features than I expected.
2. The motion sensor is extremely adjustable. From the factory it comes way too sensitive - goes off for loud noises, but crank it down 2/3 turn and it's about right for my needs.
3. Wires are thin but long enough.
4. Bottom Line: Plan on spending about $20 extra for the parts you need to do the install, since the outputs are so often negative when you're far more likely to need positive. But after that, it's a great little system.