Expert Service 1-877-289-7664 [Hours]
Audio Technica MB4K/C
Handheld/Stand Cardioid Condenser Microphone with 15 Foot Cable
A price/performance leader, the MB 4k/c cardioid condenser microphone is the Midnight Blues Series' introductory studio-quality microphone. With a condenser design for studio vocal and instrument applications, the microphone is supplied with a 15' cable. Its features include: battery/phantom operation; rugged all-metal construction; soft-touch finish; extended response for smooth, natural sonic characteristics; corrosion-resistant gold-plated XLRM-type connector; on/off switch.
- Handheld/Stand Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- Introductory studio-quality microphone - the clear price/performance leader
- Condenser design for studio-quality vocal and instrument applications
- Extended response for smooth, natural sonic characteristics
- Rugged all-metal construction and on/off switch
- Soft-touch finish for a secure, comfortable grip and reduced mechanical noise
- Battery/phantom operation for maximum versatility
- Corrosion-resistant gold-plated XLRM-type connectors
- Also available without a cable as MB 4k
- 1-year Manufacturer's warranty
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 80-20,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: Phantom: -46 dB (5.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa Battery: -48 dB (3.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: Phantom: 200 ohms Battery: 250 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: Phantom: 137 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D. Battery: 125 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: Phantom: 113 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL Battery: 101 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Battery Type: 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current Life: 0.4 mA/1200 hours typical
- Switch: On/off
- Weight: 6.4 oz (182 g)
- Dimensions: 8.10" (205.7 mm) long, 1.64" (41.7 mm) head diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin gold-plated XLRM-type
- Cable: 15' (4.5 m) XLRF-XLRM
- Accessories: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; battery; soft protective pouch
Wireless:All of these microphones can be used without the necessity of wires or cables to connect them. They usually come with a receiver that connects to the input device where the audio signal is being sent.
Shotgun: These microphones are suspended on a boom and are used primarily in video production and broadcasting.
Lavaliere: These microphones are clipped on to the lapel or tie of the talent for broadcast and video production audio.
Table Top: These microphones are designed with a built in stand or to be placed on a table top stand to be used for broadcasting and podcasting applications.
Headset: These microphones are to be worn on the head typically for live performance and theater production.
Handheld: These microphones are held in the hand and are used in a wide range of applications primarily vocals and public address.
Clamp On: These microphones attach directly on to an instrument.
Drum Package: These microphones are an all in one package for drums typically made of dynamic Kick, Snare, Tom, and a stereo condenser pair of overhead mics for Cymbals.
Efficiency (1w/1m) is not an accurate indicator of a subwoofer's output capability and should not be used as a comparison to other speakers or subwoofers to determine which one is "louder".
Warranty and Return Policy
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.
Product Name: Audio Technica MB4K/C
The Sonic Advantage
What gives Sonic the edge over the competition
Fast & Free Shipping
Low Price Guarantee
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Free Lifetime Tech Support
Returns Made Easy
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
No Restocking Fees
That's right, 100% refund on complete, like new returns. Learn More
Let's face it, electronics break. We've got you covered for a full year. Learn More
Easy Return Shipping
Request a return, use our shipping label, and ship it back. Learn More
Always available to answer your questions
Our trained install professionals can tackle any install challenge