Expert Service 1-877-289-7664 [Hours]
Geneva Model M (Red)
HiFi Docking Station with , FM, and Alarm for iPod/iPhone
The Geneva Sound System Model M is a complete bookshelf sized stereo system crafted in a single cabinet made out of piano lacquered wood or real walnut. The compact system houses two (left & right) separate Hi-Fi speakers and uses patented technology to deliver true stereo imaging. Driven by a powerful digital amplifier, it delivers an audio performance that competes with much larger conventional Hi-Fi systems.
Many functions are integrated into one compact cabinet not even 8 inches high. An iPod/iPhone Universal Dock, a digital radio tuner with presets, and a line-in jack. Each speaker is individually powered & chambered for accurate acoustics. Leading reviewers call it the easiest multi-function stereo ever.
“The ‘M’ defies its small footprint with incredible sound,” says Yanko Design, one of the world’s top design sites, “I can’t describe in words how crisp the sound is. It’s remarkable when you can literally ‘feel’ it.”
- Two 1” tweeters
- Two full-range 4” woofers
- Two bass ports
- Each speaker individually powered & chambered for accurate acoustics
- Four powerful Class D digital amplifiers, 100 watts total – extremely efficient, low-power consumption
- Digital radio with 6 presets
- LED display for volume/mode/track/frequency
- iPod/iPhone Universal Dock
- Stereo mini line-in jack for external audio
- Remote control
- 1-year Manufacturer's warranty
- Engineered in Switzerland by the Geneva Lab in-house design team
- Cabinet: Red Piano-lacquered wood
- Also available in White, Black, or Walnut
- Speaker system: 2 x 1" tweeters and 2 x 4" woofers
- Power Amplifier: Digital Hi-Fi amplifier (Class D) with 100 (4 x 25) Watt output
- Frequency Range: 47Hz to 20kHz (-3dB)
- iPod Universal Dock supporting all iPod and iPhone models with dock connectors (excluding iPod Third Generation)
- FM Radio: digital tuner with 6 presets
- Analogue Audio in: (1) stereo mini line-in with 3.5 mm (1/8 inch) plug for any external audio input, e.g., computer, MP3, TV, wireless music receiver, etc
- Power supply: 100-240V AC, 50-60Hz
- Power consumption: maximum 50W, standby 1.0W
- Width x height x depth: 14.4" x 7.8" x 9.8" (36.6 cm x 19.7 cm x 25 cm)
- Weight: 16 pounds (3.35 kg)
- Remote control
- Adapter cable for stereo mini line-in: 3.5 mm (1/8 inch) plugs on both ends
- AC power cable
- External FM telescope antenna
- 4G iPod Color & Photo
- 5G iPod Video
- iPod Nano 3rd Generation
- iPod Nano 4th Generation
- iPod Classic
- iPod Touch 1st Generation
- iPod Touch 2nd Generation
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
MP3 should not be confused with MPEG-3. MP3 files are the third audio layer of a MPEG-1 file. The compression algorithm of a MP3 file reduces the file size while keeping the audio quality.
WMA stands for Windows Media Audio and was developed by Microsoft. It is a file used specifically for audio.
The audio compression AAC stands for Advanced Audio Coding. They generally tend to have better sound quality than most MP3 files.
RCA Composite Inputs
These are your typical red, white, and yellow RCA composite cables that are common among devices with audio and video inputs. The red and white cables are dedicated for audio. The red cable is for the right channel and the white is for the left channel. The yellow cable is specifically for the video signal. Because this type of auxiliary cable contains 2 channels of audio, it will support stereo sound.
This is commonly referred to as a mini-jack or a headphone jack. It is a 3.5mm plug that transfers audio only. There is a right and left audio channel on the plug which allows for stereo sound playback.
3.5mm AV Input
These plugs look similar to the common 3.5mm mini-jack, however they carry a third channel dedicated for video.
This means that an auxiliary input is possible, but only with the use of an optional accessory. These optional adapters will sometimes use the CD Changer port or other port on the back of a unit that might restrict the use of other expandability features. These accessories are typically sold separately.
Some Car stereos are compatible with iPods and/or iPhones. If the headunit can connect to an iPod or iPhone via USB or iPod connection cable, these listed iPods are compatible. This list does not apply if the iPod is being connected through the 3.5mm mini-jack plug. Newer iPods are usually compatible if the appropriate adapters are purchased and used.
Any iPods/iPhones released after the release date of this product have not been checked by the manufacturer and/or Sonic Electronix for compatibility. We therefore cannot guarantee their compatibilities or incompatibilities, including, but not limited to: playback, video, charging, and response time.
4G iPod Color & Photo (20, 30, 40, & 60GB)
iPod Classic (120GB)
iPod Classic (80 &160GB)
iPod Nano 3rd Generation (4 & 8GB)
iPod Nano 4th Generation (8 & 16GB)
iPod Touch 1st Generation (8, 16 & 32GB)
iPod Touch 2nd Generation (8, 16 & 32GB)
Warranty and Return Policy
MODEL M RED
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.
Product Name: Geneva Model M (Red)
The Sonic Advantage
What gives Sonic the edge over the competition
Fast & Free Shipping
Low Price Guarantee
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Free Lifetime Tech Support
Returns Made Easy
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
No Restocking Fees
That's right, 100% refund on complete, like new returns. Learn More
Let's face it, electronics break. We've got you covered for a full year. Learn More
Easy Return Shipping
Request a return, use our shipping label, and ship it back. Learn More
Always available to answer your questions
Our trained install professionals can tackle any install challenge