Expert Service 1-877-289-7664 [Hours]
Geneva Model XL (Black)
All-in-One Stereo Shelf System for CD, iPod, FM Radio, iPhone, Line-in (Xtra Large)
The Geneva Sound System Model XL is a reference system in some legendary recording studios in rock and roll history, and Geneva is also found in the homes and studios of leading product designers, fashion creators, architects, artists and art collectors.
Thanks to its powerful six 100 watt (600 watt) class D digital amplifiers, it can deliver the sort of sound performance normally expected from a much more expensive stereo system powering six speakers, including two 8-inch subwoofers.
Model XL is housed in a handcrafted wood cabinet and, using a patented technology, can reproduce true stereo sound from the left and right speaker chambers. Home Theater, the magazine of high-end sound, gave Model XL the Rave award for best new product.
Metropolis, the magazine of product design and architecture, named Geneva the #1 new sustainable product, given its low power consumption and its all in one reduced waste and quality build approach.
- Two 1 tweeters
- Two full-range 5.25 woofers
- Two 8 subwoofers
- Two bass ports
- Each speaker individually powered & chambered for accurate acoustics
- Six powerful Class D digital amplifiers, 600 watts total very efficient and low-power consumption
- Digital FM radio with 6 presets
- LED display for volume/mode/track/frequency
- iPod/iPhone Universal Dock
- CD player slot loading
- Stereo mini line-in jack for external audio
- Stereo RCA line-in jack for external audio
- Remote control
- 1-year Manufacturer's warranty
- Engineered in Switzerland by the Geneva Lab in-house design team
- Cabinet: Black Piano-lacquered wood
- Also available in White, Red, or Walnut
- Speaker system: 2 x 1" tweeters, 2 x 5 1/4" woofers and 2 x 8" subwoofers
- Power Amplifier: Digital Hi-Fi amplifiers (Class D) with 600 (6 x 100) Watt output
- Frequency Range: 30Hz to 20kHz (-3dB)
- iPod Universal Dock supporting all iPod and iPhone models with dock connectors (excluding iPod Third Generation)
- CD-Player: slot loading CD player supporting CD-Audio, CD-R/RW (MP3 files)
- FM Radio: digital tuner with 6 presets
- Analogue Audio in: (1) stereo mini line-in with 3.5 mm (1/8 inch) plug for any external audio input, e.g., computer, MP3, TV, wireless music receiver, etc. / (1) stereo RCA plugs for external inputs like PC, DVD, game console and TV
- Power supply: 100-240V AC, 50-60Hz
- Power consumption: maximum 300W, standby 1.0W
- Width x height x depth: 21.7" x 24.1" x 14.5" (55 cm x 61.3 cm x 37 cm)
- Weight: 84 pounds (38 kg)
- Remote control
- iPod Dock adapters: set of 7 pieces (for different iPod/iPhone models
- Adapter cable for stereo mini line-in: 3.5 mm (1/8 inch) plugs on both ends
- Line in cable: RCA jacks, 9 feet (3 meters) long
- AC power cable
- External FM telescope antenna
- 4G iPod Color & Photo
- 5G iPod Video
- iPod Nano 3rd Generation
- iPod Nano 4th Generation
- iPod Classic
- iPod Touch 1st Generation
- iPod Touch 2nd Generation
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
MP3 should not be confused with MPEG-3. MP3 files are the third audio layer of a MPEG-1 file. The compression algorithm of a MP3 file reduces the file size while keeping the audio quality.
WMA stands for Windows Media Audio and was developed by Microsoft. It is a file used specifically for audio.
The audio compression AAC stands for Advanced Audio Coding. They generally tend to have better sound quality than most MP3 files.
RCA Composite Inputs
These are your typical red, white, and yellow RCA composite cables that are common among devices with audio and video inputs. The red and white cables are dedicated for audio. The red cable is for the right channel and the white is for the left channel. The yellow cable is specifically for the video signal. Because this type of auxiliary cable contains 2 channels of audio, it will support stereo sound.
This is commonly referred to as a mini-jack or a headphone jack. It is a 3.5mm plug that transfers audio only. There is a right and left audio channel on the plug which allows for stereo sound playback.
3.5mm AV Input
These plugs look similar to the common 3.5mm mini-jack, however they carry a third channel dedicated for video.
This means that an auxiliary input is possible, but only with the use of an optional accessory. These optional adapters will sometimes use the CD Changer port or other port on the back of a unit that might restrict the use of other expandability features. These accessories are typically sold separately.
Some Car stereos are compatible with iPods and/or iPhones. If the headunit can connect to an iPod or iPhone via USB or iPod connection cable, these listed iPods are compatible. This list does not apply if the iPod is being connected through the 3.5mm mini-jack plug. Newer iPods are usually compatible if the appropriate adapters are purchased and used.
Any iPods/iPhones released after the release date of this product have not been checked by the manufacturer and/or Sonic Electronix for compatibility. We therefore cannot guarantee their compatibilities or incompatibilities, including, but not limited to: playback, video, charging, and response time.
4G iPod Color & Photo (20, 30, 40, & 60GB)
5G iPod Video (30, 60, & 80GB)
iPod Classic (120GB)
iPod Classic (80 &160GB)
iPod Nano 3rd Generation (4 & 8GB)
iPod Nano 4th Generation (8 & 16GB)
iPod Touch 1st Generation (8, 16 & 32GB)
iPod Touch 2nd Generation (8, 16 & 32GB)
iPod Touch 3nd Generation (8, 32 & 64GB)
Warranty and Return Policy
MODEL XL BLACK
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.
Product Name: Geneva Model XL (Black)
The Sonic Advantage
What gives Sonic the edge over the competition
Fast & Free Shipping
We offer free shipping on thousands of popular items for our Continental US customers and discounted rates for international customers. With multiple warehouses across the US, most orders are delivered within 3 days!Learn More
Low Price Guarantee
We pride ourselves on offering the best products at the lowest prices. If you find an identical item on another website with a lower price, we will discount our price by 105% of the difference. Some restrictions apply.Learn More
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Have a problem with your order and need to return an item? Our generous 60-day return policy allows you to return items for your money back. Should your product have a defect, we will exchange, issue store credit, or repair the product for the entire length of the warranty.Learn More
Free Lifetime Tech Support
Our knowledgeable staff of industry professionals and certified installers is ready to help you pick the right product for your needs. We will help you with the setup, installation, and use of your new products.Learn More
Returns Made Easy
We want your online shopping experience to be easy and convenient. In case you need to return an item, our customer friendly return policy makes it easy.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Have a problem with your order and need to return an item? Our generous 60-day return policy allows you to return items for your money back. Should your product have a defect, we will exchange, issue store credit, or repair the product for the entire length of the warranty. Learn More
No Restocking Fees
That's right, 100% refund on complete, like new returns. Learn More
Let's face it, electronics break. We've got you covered for a full year. Learn More
Easy Return Shipping
Request a return, use our shipping label, and ship it back. Learn More
Each of our employees are true experts with real life experience and passion for the products. Our team is always committed to providing you with electronics you'll enjoy.
Always available to answer your questions
Our trained install professionals can tackle any install challenge
Research & How To
Browse our online library of educational resources to learn more about the items you are looking for. Our experts have developed many tools, written many articles, and numerous videos to help you find the best item for your needs.