Refined, Optimized, Effortless
Although an output rating of 2000 W per channel places it at the low end of the FP+ Series, the value-priced FP 4000 has ample reserves for a wide variety of applications, including effortless driving of mid- and high-frequency bands in line array systems as well as the top or bottom end of monitor wedges.
A refined Class TD® output stage is optimized for effortless reproduction of extreme low frequency content, while the Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS) has been updated to provide more sustained high power during extended bursts of low frequency content.
The FP 4000 is shipped with a NomadLink® network interface as standard. In conjunction with DeviceControl software, NomadLink allows monitoring of all key amplifier parameters and remote control of power on/off, channel mutes, and channel solo functions. (NomadLink requires the separate NLB 60E NomadLink Bridge & Network Controller)
- 2 Channel Touring Amplifier with Binding Posts
- High power density – The FP 4000 delivers a total of 4000 W (2 x 2000 W @ 2 ohms) in only 2U
- Lab.gruppen sound quality – FP 4000 amplifiers maintain the Lab.gruppen’s reputation for sound quality, with transparent mid- and high-frequency performance and new circuit designs optimized for sustained low-frequency output
- NomadLink® network ready – Monitoring and control of key functions accessible via the intuitive DeviceControl software and the robust, daisy-chained NomadLink® network, as well as by the leading third party control platforms
- Patented Class TD® amplifier topology – Road-proven output stage delivers Class B audio quality with Class D efficiency
- Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS™) – Output
power remains constant even with significant drops in the mains voltage
- Efficient cooling system – Unique, lightweight Intercooler® copper cooling system dissipates more heat to allow extended peak output
- Adjustable parameters – Selectable Gain, scalable Voltage Peak Limiter (VPL™), and bridge-mode operation allow custom configuration for any system or application
- XLR input and link connectors
- Heavy-duty binding post or Speakon™ output connectors
- Comprehensive protection and warning – Excessive output current, DC, high temperature, very high frequency (VHF), short circuit, open load, mains fuse protection, and soft start
- 1-year Manufacturer's warranty
Performance with Gain: 35 dB and VPL: 150 V
- Number of channels: 2
- Peak total output both channels driven: 4000 W
- Peak output voltage per channel: 121 V
- Max. output current per channel: 50 A peak
- MAX Power Rating:
- 16 ohms: 400 watts x 2 chan.
- 8 ohms: 800 watts x 2 chan.
- 4 ohms: 1600 watts x 2 chan.
- 2 ohms: 2000 watts x 2 chan.
- MAX Power Rating Bridged:
- Bridged, 16 ohms: 1600 watts x 1 chan.
- Bridged, 8 ohms: 3200 watts x 1 chan.
- Bridged, 4 ohms: 4600 watts x 1 chan.
Voltage Peak Limiter (VPL), max. peak output
- THD 20 Hz - 20 kHz for 1 W: <0.1%
- THD at 1 kHz and 1 dB below clipping: <0.05%
- Signal To Noise Ratio: >112 dBA
- Channel separation (Crosstalk) at 1 kHz: >70 dB
- Frequency response (1 W into 8 ohms) +0/-3 dB: 2 Hz - 34.2 kHz
- Input impedance: 20 kOhm
- Input Common Mode Rejection, CMR: 45 dB
- Output impedance @ 100 Hz: 56 mOhm
Gain and Level:
- VPL, selectable per ch: 121, 101, 83, 70, 56, 47, 38V
- VPL, selectable when bridged: 242, 202, 166, 140, 112, 94, 76V
- Voltage Peak Limiter mode (per ch.): Hard / Soft
Connectors and Switches:
- Amplifier gain selectable (all channels) rear-panel switches: 23, 26, 29, 32, 35, 38, 41, 44 dB
- Default gain: 38 dB
- Level adjustment (per ch.): Front-panel potentiometer, 31 position detented from -inf to 0 dB
- Input connectors (per ch.): 3-pin XLR, electronically balanced
- Output connectors (per ch.): Neutrik Speakon or Binding Posts (must be specified upon order)
- Output bridge mode: A+B - Ch. A is signal input source
- NomadLink® network: On board, 2 x RJ45 EtherCon connectors, IN and OUT
- Intelligent fans (on/off): Yes, depending on presence of output signal
- Power on/off and Remote enable on/off: Individual switches on front-panel
- Cooling: Two fans, front-to-rear airflow, temperature controlled speed
- Common: NomadLink Network; Power Average Limiter (PAL) 2); Power on
- Per channel: Signal present / High-impedance; -20 dB, -15 dB, -10 dB and -4 dB output signal;
Voltage Peak Limiter (VPL); Current Peak Limiter (CPL); Very High Frequency (VHF); High temperature; Fault; Mute
- Operating voltage (230V / 115V nominal): 130-265V / 65-135V
- Minimum power-up voltage: 230V / 115V 171V / 85V
- Power Average Limiter (PAL): Yes
- Soft start / Inrush Current Draw Yes / max. 5 A
- Mains connector 230 V CE: 16 A, CEE7; 115 V ETL: 20 A / NEMA 5-20P
- Dimensions: (W/H/D) W: 483 mm (19”), H: 88 mm (2 U), Overall D: 396 mm (15.6”), Mounting D: 358 mm (14.1”)
- Weight: 12 kg (26.4 lbs.)
- Finish: Black painted steel chassis with gray painted steel front
- Approvals: CE, ANSI/UL 60065 (ETL), CSA C22.2 NO. 60065, FCC