Refined, Optimized, Effortless
The flagship of Lab.gruppen’s touring amplifier line, the FP 13000 produces a staggering total output power of 13000 W – an unprecedented achievement in a 2U frame weighing only 12 kg. The forceful high-current output stage is built around patented Class TD® technology, a breakthrough topology that approaches the efficiency of Class D while retaining the favored sound quality of proven Class B designs. At the same time, Lab.gruppen’s Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS) has been updated to provide more sustained high power during extended bursts of low frequency content.
The FP 13000 is shipped with a NomadLink® network interface as standard. In conjunction with DeviceControl software, NomadLink allows monitoring of all key amplifier parameters and remote control of power on/off, channel mutes, and channel solo functions. (NomadLink requires the separate NLB 60E NomadLink Bridge & Network Controller)
- 2 Channel Touring Amplifier with Binding Posts
- High power density – The FP 13000 delivers a total of 13000 W (2 x 6500 W @ 2 ohms) in only 2U
- Lab.gruppen sound quality – FP 13000 amplifiers maintain the impeccable sonic performance standards set by the original fP Series, with the same durability and even greater efficiency.
- NomadLink® network ready – Monitoring and control of key functions accessible via the intuitive DeviceControl software and the robust, daisy-chained NomadLink® network, as well as by the leading third party control platforms
- Patented Class TD® amplifier topology – Road-proven output stage delivers Class B audio quality with Class D efficiency
- Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS™) – Output
power remains constant even with significant drops in the mains voltage
- Efficient cooling system – Unique, lightweight Intercooler® copper cooling system dissipates more heat to allow extended peak output
- Adjustable parameters – Selectable Gain, scalable Voltage Peak Limiter (VPL™), and bridge-mode operation allow custom configuration for any system or application
- XLR input and link connectors
- Heavy-duty binding post output connectors
- Comprehensive protection and warning – Excessive output current, DC, high temperature, very high frequency (VHF), short circuit, open load, mains fuse protection, and soft start
- 1-year Manufacturer's warranty
Performance with Gain: 35 dB and VPL: 190 V
- Number of channels: 2
- Peak total output both channels driven: 13000 W
- Peak output voltage per channel: 195 V
- Max. output current per channel: 82 A peak
- MAX Power Rating:
- 16 ohms: 1200 watts x 2 chan.
- 8 ohms: 2350 watts x 2 chan.
- 4 ohms: 4400 watts x 2 chan.
- 2 ohms: 6500 watts x 2 chan.
- MAX Power Rating Bridged:
- Bridged, 16 ohms: 4700 watts x 1 chan.
- Bridged, 8 ohms: 8800 watts x 1 chan.
- Bridged, 4 ohms: 13000 watts x 1 chan.
Voltage Peak Limiter (VPL), max. peak output
- THD 20 Hz - 20 kHz for 1 W: <0.1%
- THD at 1 kHz and 1 dB below clipping: <0.05%
- Signal To Noise Ratio: >112 dBA
- Channel separation (Crosstalk) at 1 kHz: >70 dB
- Frequency response (1 W into 8 ohms) +0/-3 dB: 2 Hz - 34 kHz
- Input impedance: 20 kOhm
- Input Common Mode Rejection, CMR: 54 dB
- Output impedance @ 100 Hz: 56 mOhm
Gain and Level:
- VPL, selectable per ch: 195, 170, 140, 116, 100, 80, 66, 54V
- VPL, selectable when bridged: 390, 340, 280, 232, 200, 160, 132, 108V
- Voltage Peak Limiter mode (per ch.): Hard / Soft
Connectors and Switches:
- Amplifier gain selectable (all channels) rear-panel switches: 23, 26, 29, 32, 35, 38, 41, 44 dB
- Default gain: 35 dB
- Level adjustment (per ch.): Front-panel potentiometer, 31 position detented from -inf to 0 dB
- Input connectors (per ch.): 3-pin XLR, electronically balanced
- Output connectors (per ch.): Binding Posts (2-pole)
- Output bridge mode: A+B - Ch. A is signal input source
- NomadLink® network: On board, 2 x RJ45 EtherCon connectors, IN and OUT
- Intelligent fans (on/off): Yes, depending on presence of output signal
- Power on/off and Remote enable on/off: Individual switches on front-panel
- Cooling: Two fans, front-to-rear airflow, temperature controlled speed
- Common: NomadLink Network; Power Average Limiter (PAL) 2); Power on
- Per channel: Signal present / High-impedance; -20 dB, -15 dB, -10 dB and -4 dB output signal;
Voltage Peak Limiter (VPL); Current Peak Limiter (CPL); Very High Frequency (VHF); High temperature; Fault; Mute
- Operating voltage (230V / 115V nominal): 130-265V / 65-135V
- Minimum power-up voltage 230V / 115V: 171V / 85V
- Power Average Limiter (PAL): Yes
- Soft start / Inrush Current Draw Yes / max. 5 A
- Mains connector: 230V CE: 16 A, CEE7; 115 V ETL: 30 A Twist lock
- Dimensions(W/H/D): W: 483 mm (19”), H: 88 mm (2 U), Overall D: 396 mm (15.6”), Mounting D: 358 mm (14.1”)
- Weight: 12 kg (26.4 lbs.)
- Finish: Black painted steel chassis with gray painted steel front
- Approvals: CE, ANSI/UL 60065 (ETL), CSA C22.2 NO. 60065, FCC