Expert Service 1-877-289-7664 [Hours]
Turtle Beach Ear Force XP500 (tbs-2190-01)
Programmable Wireless Surround Sound Gaming Headset for Xbox 360 and PS3
The Ultimate Gaming Headset
The Turtle Beach Ear Force XP500 is a special version of the critically-acclaimed PX5 that’s designed specifically for the XBOX 360 and includes an XBA Bluetooth adapter for wireless XBOX Live chat. Just like the PX5, the XP500 delivers the ultimate gaming audio experience with a programmable digital signal processor, Dolby Surround Sound, Bluetooth technology, and XBOX LIVE wireless chat, making it the most technologically advanced headset ever designed for the XBOX 360.
The DSP allows gamers to enhance and personalize the entire gaming audio experience with fully customizable game, chat and mic signals. Custom presets stored in the Turtle Beach XP500 headset can be selected during specific parts of the game to emphasize sounds like footsteps or reloads that might otherwise be difficult to hear. It can even be programmed to disguise your voice or to enhance the voices of online players so you can hear them more clearly during intense parts of the game.
Bluetooth technology lets you chat wirelessly on XBOX LIVE and PSN, answer mobile phone calls and stream music – all while gaming in immersive 360 degree surround sound.
Although optimized for Xbox 360 gaming, the Turtle Beach XP500 is also perfect for watching movies and listening to music, with its impeccable audio performance, large, deep, fabric cushions, soft headband, and twist cup designed for resting the headset on your shoulders. The Turtle Beach XP500 continues the evolution of a new breed of wireless gaming headset that serves as the ultimate “secret weapon” in the arsenal of serious gamers seeking unmatched audio quality, sonic control and a competitive advantage.
- Ear Force Programmable Wireless Surround Sound Gaming Headset for Xbox 360 and PS3
- 50mm diameter speakers with neodymium magnets
- Digital Wireless RF carrier reception (2.404-2.476GHz)
- Bluetooth radio with dual-pairing mode and A2DP compatibility
- Adjustable headband for comfortable gaming sessions
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz, >120dB SPL @ 1kHz
- Condenser Microphone Frequency Response: 50Hz - 15kHz
- Headphone Amplifier: Stereo 27mW/ch, THD <1%
- Digital Signal Processor for independently controlled chat, game and mic signals
- USB port for programming the DSP via a Windows XP/Vista/7 computer
- Audio mutes automatically when carrier signal is lost
- Operates on two (2) AA batteries or two (2) AA rechargeable NiMH batteries
- Automatic shut down after approx 5 minutes of carrier loss or silence to conserve battery power
- Battery booster circuit extends battery life for up to 15 hours
- Weight: 7.9 Oz (233g)
- 1-year Manufacturer's Warranty
Digital RF Wireless Transmitter:
- Digital Wireless RF wireless carrier reception (2.404-2.476GHz)
- Digital RF wireless transmission range up to 30 feet
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Optical TOSLINK digital audio input compatible with 48kHz digital audio stream
- Optical TOSLINK digital audio output pass-through of digital input stream
- 150MIPS Digital Signal Processor for Dolby processing
- Maximum analog input level with volume control on maximum setting: 2Vpp (700mV rms). Input sensitivity may be adjusted to accept higher level signals by lowering the volume control
- Dimensions: Height 8.875" (22.5 cm), Width 4.375" (11.1 cm), Depth 4.375" (11.1cm)
- Weight: 8.4 Oz (240g)
- Power requirements: 5VDC @180mA max
- Xbox 360: console with optical audio output or AV cable to support optical output:
- Component HD AV cable
- S-Video AV cable
- HDMI audio adapter cable
- VGA AV cable
- Advanced SCART AV cable
- Composite AV cable with optical output
- Available USB port NOTE: The included XBA Bluetooth Chat Adapter is designed to work with official Microsoft® Xbox 360 controllers. It is not compatible with the Xbox 360 Chat Pad and may not be compatible with third-party controllers.
- Headset with Removable Microphone
- Digital RF Transmitter
- Transmitter USB Power Cable
- USB programming Cable
- Digital Optical Cable
- (2) AA Batteries
- Presets Reference Card
- XBA Bluetooth Chat Adapter
- Turtle Beach Sticker
- User's Guide
Headphone type refers to the construction of the headphones.
Around the Ear means that the headphones wrap around the ear to provide a secure fit. This is most often seen in active and sports headphones.
Around the Neck means that the headphones wrap around the neck. This is also seen in active and sports headphones.
Earbuds means that the right and left sides of the headphones are separated and will fit securely into the ear. These are small, compact, and user friendly.
Over the Head headphones mean that the right and left speakers are connected with a support that goes over the head and rests on top. This is the typical headphone type.
This is the design of the earpieces on the headphones. Some headphones go inside the ear, while others rest on the outside of the ear. This helps you know exactly what type of headphones you will be receiving.
In-Ear: The ear buds go into the ear. Most often, the right and left ear buds are two separate pieces.
Enclosed-Ear: Usually are found on the larger headphones. They rest on top of the ear and have padding for comfort, as well as enclosing the ear to the speaker. This type of headphone helps to filter out surrounding noise.
On-Ear: This type of headphone involves the speaker sitting gently on the ear without going in the ear or sealing it off.
Corded means that the headphones use a cord to transfer the audio signal.
Wireless means that the audio signal is transmitted wirelessly to the headphones.
1/4" Stereo jack is a larger audio jack that select electronics have.
Efficiency (1w/1m) is not an accurate indicator of a subwoofer's output capability and should not be used as a comparison to other speakers or subwoofers to determine which one is "louder".
Warranty and Return Policy
Ear Force XP500
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.
Product Name: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP500 (tbs-2190-01)
The Sonic Advantage
What gives Sonic the edge over the competition
Fast & Free Shipping
We offer free shipping on thousands of popular items for our Continental US customers and discounted rates for international customers. With multiple warehouses across the US, most orders are delivered within 3 days!Learn More
Low Price Guarantee
We pride ourselves on offering the best products at the lowest prices. If you find an identical item on another website with a lower price, we will discount our price by 105% of the difference. Some restrictions apply.Learn More
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Have a problem with your order and need to return an item? Our generous 60-day return policy allows you to return items for your money back. Should your product have a defect, we will exchange, issue store credit, or repair the product for the entire length of the warranty.Learn More
Free Lifetime Tech Support
Our knowledgeable staff of industry professionals and certified installers is ready to help you pick the right product for your needs. We will help you with the setup, installation, and use of your new products.Learn More
Returns Made Easy
We want your online shopping experience to be easy and convenient. In case you need to return an item, our customer friendly return policy makes it easy.
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Have a problem with your order and need to return an item? Our generous 60-day return policy allows you to return items for your money back. Should your product have a defect, we will exchange, issue store credit, or repair the product for the entire length of the warranty. Learn More
No Restocking Fees
That's right, 100% refund on complete, like new returns. Learn More
Let's face it, electronics break. We've got you covered for a full year. Learn More
Easy Return Shipping
Request a return, use our shipping label, and ship it back. Learn More
Each of our employees are true experts with real life experience and passion for the products. Our team is always committed to providing you with electronics you'll enjoy.
Always available to answer your questions
Our trained install professionals can tackle any install challenge
Research & How To
Browse our online library of educational resources to learn more about the items you are looking for. Our experts have developed many tools, written many articles, and numerous videos to help you find the best item for your needs.