• 250 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms
• 500 Watts RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms
• Total Peak Power: 1000 Watts
• Variable Bass Boost: 0 to +12 dB
• Heavy duty aluminum alloy heat-sink for extreme heat dissipation
• 9.78"W x 6.96"D x 2.13"H
JL Audio's RD Series Amplifiers
Class D Power for Days
Lots of power, installer-friendly design and options for every audio enthusiast, all make it easy to choose a JL Audio RD Series amplifier.
The Monoblock RD500/1 has the do-it-yourself audiophile completely in mind. Capable of pushing out up to 500 watts of clean power at 2 ohms, this subwoofer amplfier handily powers all the low end you can stand. The RD Monoblocks have built-in 12 dB/octave low-pass filters, bass equalizer boosters and three turn-on modes: Traditional 12-volt trigger, signal sensing and DC offset. Top off the package with a sleek, single-cast piece of aluminum in black powdercoat and blue LEDs, and your power looks as clean as it sounds.
JL Audio’s engineers had professional and at-home installers in mind with the RD Series. All of the inputs and controls are on the same side of the chassis, simplifying the setup whether you’re in a shop or in your driveway. The output clipping indicators on each channel section mean you don’t need specialized tools to accurately set the gain. A remote level control input gives you the option to install a bass level knob, sold separately, in the front seat, giving you full control over the bass output for every song you play.
The RD Series also incorporates JL Audio’s NexD Switching Tehnology. Since Class D amplifiers have a tendency to produce distortion at some ranges, NexD Switching helps cancel it out before feedback is ever applied. All of this helps ensure the some of the cleanest possible signal to your subwoofer from your brand new Class D amplifier.
For an amp that delivers power, utility, simplicity and plenty of options, take a look at all of the JL Audio RD Series amps at Sonic Electronix. We’re sure you’ll end up with one in your cart.
(newest, current model)
(previous model, replaced by JL Audio Class-D Monoblock RD500/1 (OPEN BOX LIKE NEW))
(previous model, replaced by JL Audio JX500/1D)
Overall rating distribution
By feature average rating
February 28, 2020
What’s not to love?
This little amplifier is absolutely amazing! It is very small and delivers a very solid amount of power. I have this driving a JL 12 W3V3, and it is very capable of driving it to its limit, all while remaining as cool as a cucumber. This thing, regardless of how hard you push it, never seems to even get warm. Add to the incredible performance the capability of setting the gain easily using the included clip indicator light, and you have an absolute joy to deal with. I highly recommend this amplifier. Oh, one last thing; the optional remote knob is an absolute must.
Best selling similar products
• RMS: 300W x 1 @ 4 ohms, 500W x 1 @ 2 ohms
• Total Peak Power: 1000W
• CEA-2006 Compliant Amplifier
• 4-Channel Speaker-Level Inputs
• Heavy Duty Aluminum Alloy Heat-Sink
• Dimensions: 7-7/8"W x 7-7/8"L x 2-3/16"H
• 150 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms
• 300 Watts RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms
• 400 Watts RMS x 1 @ 1 ohm
• Efficient Class-D Monoblock Amplifier
• KickEQ™ 6dB variable bass boost for those additional low frequencies
• FIT+™ (Fail-safe Integration Technology-PLUS) means it works with nearly every radio
• RMS Power: 3000W x 1 @ 4 ohms, 5500W x 1 @ 2 ohms, 10,000W x 1 @ 1 ohm
• Strappable for Up to 20,000W of Power
• Variable Low Pass Filter
• Dimensions: 11.5" W x 37" L x 2.6" H
• 3200 Watt Class D Amplifier
• Bass Remote Included
• Angled Terminals for Easy Installation
• Speaker and RCA Level Inputs
• Class-D 1-Ohm Stable Monoblock Amplifier
• 800 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms
• 1300 Watts RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms
• 2000 Watts RMS x 1 @ 1 ohm
• Total Peak Power: 5000 Watts
• Military Grade PCB w/ PWM MOSFET Power Supply
• High/Speaker Level & Low Level/RCA Input
• Bass Remote Included
RD500/1 Open Box
Internal Product ID: