• RMS: 75W x 4 + 400W x 1 @ 4 ohms, 100W x 4 + 600W x 1 @ 2 ohms
• Total RMS Power: 1000W
• Unregulated MOSFET switching type
• Dual-Range Differential Balanced Input Section
• Advanced Rollback Protection
• NexD Switching Technology
Here is the perfect, all-in-one solution to drive a potent 4-speaker + dual subwoofer marine audio system. The M1000/5v2 delivers up to 1000 W of clean power and can comfortably drive two pairs of quality component speaker systems with 75 W x 4 @ 4 ohms, while also delivering a stout 600 W of power to a dual subwoofer system. The breakthrough that makes this much power possible in such a small chassis is the NexD switching amplifier design
The M1000/5v2 includes a 12 dB / octave high-pass filter for one main channel pair, a 12 dB octave high-pass or bandpass filter for the other main channel pair, plus a variable slope low-pass filter for its subwoofer channel. All three filters offer continuously variable cutoff frequency selection from 50-500 Hz. This amplifier's filters can also be configured as a true 3-way crossover, with a low-pass filter for the subwoofer channel, a bandpass filter on Ch. 3 & 4, and a high-pass filter on Ch. 1 & 2. An "x10" multiplier switch on the Ch. 1 & 2 high-pass filter allows its cutoff frequency to be adjusted from 50-500 Hz or 500-5000 Hz.
The obvious feature that sets the M1000/5v2 apart is its 5 Channels. However, not all setups have the luxury of 5 Channels to get a signal from. JL Audio engineers have you covered; the M1000/5v2 is equipped with the ability to apply only two channels of input to deliver signal to all five amplifier channels. Simply slide the "Input Mode" switch to "2 Ch", use only the inputs to channels 1 & 2, and the amplifier will do the rest of the hard work. With just one pair of RCAs, the M1000/5v2 sends signal to Ch 3 & 4 and will derive its subwoofer channel signal from a sum of all four input signals.
Should your JL Audio amplifier reach an unsafe operating temperature, a special circuit rolls back peak power output, without changing gain, until the amplifier cools down to a safe operating temperature. The red "Thermal" LED will light to indicate this condition has been reached. Once the amplifier cools down, the circuit restores full peak power output and the red "Thermal" indicator reverts to its normal state. The operation of Advanced Rollback Protection is inaudible in most cases, but it ensures that your music keeps on playing, even under the most demanding conditions.
JL Audio have taken the simple fixed PWM approach - found in almost all common amplifiers - and enhanced it with a very high switching frequency: 400 kHz, which is exponentially higher than most Class D Full-range amplifiers. This pushes the amplifier's bandwidth to a much higher frequency than seen before, and still provide minimal distortion and improved efficiency, while keeping typically bulky circuity more compact. Your speakers will reward you with crisp, clear performance. The bottom line is simply great audio: clean, powerful and reliable.
Note from JL Audio: While this amplifier is specially designed for marine applications, it is not waterproof and it should not be mounted where it is likely to get wet.Check out the JL Audio M1000/5v2 Owner's Manual
$150 e-Gift Card at Sonic Electronix
Digital e-Gift Card for value of $150 applies electronically to account
This item is currently not eligible for our low price guarantee. This may be due to supply constraints, manufacturer restrictions, or another reason. We're always here to help you get the best price possible so give us a call or email today. Our experts will do their best to build the system that works for you within the rules.
Overall rating distribution
By feature average rating
This product is temporarily out of stock. May we recommend...
• The size of a postcard with 400 Watts True RMS Output!
• • MVP Series 4-Channel Micro Class D Amplifier
• 50W x 4-Chan. @ 4 ohms
• 100W x 4-Chan. @ 2 ohms
• 3-Way System Protection
• 4/3/2/1 Channel Operation
• 8 Gauge Power and Ground Inputs
• Extremely Small Footprint!
• 8 Gauge 4-Channel Complete Amplifier Installation Kit
• For Car Audio Systems Up To 600 Watts RMS
• Silver-Tinned 100% Virgin Copper
• 4-channel RCA Interconnect Cable
• RMS: 80 Watts x 4 @ 4 ohms, 150 Watts x 4 @ 2 ohms, Bridged: 300 Watts x 2 @ 4 ohm
• Total Peak Power: 1000 Watts
• Class D IR Chipset with DirectFET Power Mosfet Output
• Wired remote bass level control included
• Ultra Compact High Density Aluminum Alloy Chassis
• Dimensions: 4.02" W x 8.70" L x 1.40" H
• 50 Watts RMS x 4 @ 4 ohms
• 70 Watts RMS x 4 @ 2 ohms
• Total Peak Power: 280 Watts
• CEA-2006 Compliant/Preamp Outputs/LPF
• Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 Hz
• Dimensions: 8.66"W x 3.09"D x 1.77"H
• 100 Watts RMS x 6 @ 4 ohms
• 150 Watts RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms
• CEA-2006 Compliant/Preamp Outputs/LPF
• Micro Amp
• 12.9"W x 4.4"L x 1.7"H
Internal Product ID: