• 75 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms
• 100 Watts RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms
• Total Peak Power: 700 Watts
• CEA-2006 Compliant/Preamp Outputs/LPF
• Premium, triple-core AKM DSP with an optimized configuration
• Heavy duty aluminum alloy heat-sink
• Dimensions: 6.62"W 9.81 "L x2.12 "H
JL Audio VX700/5i
700W Max (400W RMS) 4-Ohm Stable 5-Channel Amplifier with Built-In DSP
$150 e-Gift Card at Sonic Electronix
Digital e-Gift Card for value of $150 applies electronically to account
Overall rating distribution
By feature average rating
August 12, 2020
I will never buy another "traditional" amp -- this one has spoiled me!
I bought a brand new 2017 Mazda 6 GT with the "premium" Bose audio system, but was underwhelmed from day one. No power, no clarity, no punch.
Then I bought my wife a 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL with its incredible Fender audio system, and the Bose' days were numbered.
I nearly traded the Mazda for another VW with Fender, but I love everything about the Mazda except for its sub-par audio system, so I decided to TRY and upgrade it. Was not terribly confident of success, though.
Tried at first to work within the constraints of the factory Bose DSP/amp, but very quickly realized that wasn't going to yield satisfactory results.
Was about to buy a “traditional” 5-channel amp (4 channels for the “main” speakers and 1 channel for the subwoofer) when I came across this gem. Balked at the price at first, but decided it would still be way cheaper than trading in my car.
I tore out the Bose DSP/amp (and most of the factory speakers), and installed this in its place under the front passenger seat.
The first time I fired up the JL Audio Tun software on my laptop, and plugged in to the VX700/5i, I was blown away. The degree of configurability and tunability provided by this hardware/software bundle can’t be overstated. A “traditional” amp, limited to only a finite set of “hard” switches and dials, can’t do a fraction of what this thing can do.
There are so many “tunable” parameters that I’m still tweaking it. Every time I review my settings in Tun, I find a new way to eek out another incremental improvement in sound fidelity.
I also bought the Digital Remote Control, which I highly recommend. It, too, is highly configurable. I have the inner knob controlling the subwoofer level, and the outer knob acting as a front/rear fader. And I love how pressing the inner knob cycles through the different sound “profiles” you can set up via the Tun software, and how the knob’s LED changes color to identify the active profile.
The ”valet” feature is also cool – simply grounding a certain wire in the amp’s harness can effectively disable your audio system when the car is going to be out of your hands.
My Mazda’s new audio system already sounds 10 times better than the factory Bose system did, so it was worth every penny I spent on the amp. The new speakers helped, too, but most of the credit goes to this DSP/amp combo.
Haven’t yet decided if it is as good as the Fender system in my wife’s car, though. It’s damn close, though.
This is the future of amplifiers. And all in a compact, solid, beautiful package.
April 1, 2019
This thing is built like a tank. I'm sure it will last as long as my car. JL's integrated DSP is the go to product for all professional installers right now. a DSP will help get a much cleaner sound to your ears and JL's amp is great at keeping down any kind of interference noise while providing the power you need. I have this amp paired to Focal 6.5" components (channel per speaker and a channel per tweeter.) The other channel is going to a JL Stealth Box and 12" TW3 Subwoofer. Has just the right amount of power for this setup.
Best selling similar products
• CVP Series 5-Channel Amplifier
• Class-D Circuitry
• 2-Ohm Stereo, 4-Ohm Bridged Full Range Operation
• Direct Short, Thermal, & Overload Circuits Protect Amplifier
• Variable 12dB High, Low, & Subsonic Crossovers
• 65 Watts RMS x 4 @ 4 ohms
• 90 Watts RMS x 4 @ 2 ohms
• 180 Watts RMS x 2 @ 4 ohms (bridged)
• 150 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms (sub channel)
• 300 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms (sub channel)
• Class A/B Full-Range Channel Amplifier w/Class-D Bass Channel
• KickEQ™ 6dB variable bass boost for those additional low frequencies
• FIT+™ (Fail-safe Integration Technology-PLUS) means it works with nearly every radio
• RMS: 75W x 4, 325W x 1 Channel @ 4 ohms, 125W x 4, 500w x 1 channel @ 2 ohms, Bridged, 4 ohms: 250W x 2 channels, 750 watts x 1 channel @ (1 ohm)
• Total Peak Power: 2500W
• 4/3/2 or Mono channel operation
• Fuse Rating: 100A x 1
• Signal to Noise Ration: >104 dB
• Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.05%
• 100 Watts RMS x 6 @ 4 ohms
• 150 Watts RMS x 6 @ 2 ohms
• CEA-2006 Compliant/Preamp Outputs/LPF
• Micro Amp
• 12.9"W x 4.4"L x 1.7"H
• Built-in DSP
• Compact Power
• Class D Full Range
• MOSFET Power Supply
• High Level Input with Signal Sense
Internal Product ID: