• RMS: 75 W x 8 @ 4 ohms, 100 W x 8 @ 2 ohms, 200 W x 4 @ 4 ohms Bridged
• NexD Switching Technology
• Differential Balanced Input Section
• Advanced Rollback Protection
• Frequency Response: 12 Hz - 22 kHz (+0, -1dB)
• Detented, Calibrated Filter Freq. Potentiometer
This potent 8-Channel amplifier employs JL Audio's high-speed NexD switching design to achieve unprecedented efficiency and amazing power output in an ultra-compact chassis. Don't let the small size fool you, though... this amplifier is capable of serious power, delivering a full 800W of continuous total power into a 2 ohm load (14.4V, 1% THD). Targeted specifically for an audiophile-grade system, the XD800/8v2 includes a variable mode low-pass/high-pass filter with a continuously variable cutoff frequency selection from 50-500 Hz. With the XD800/8v2, you have lots of great options. Use it as an eight-channel satellite amplifier with 75 W x 8 @ 4 ohm , or bridge four of its channels to create a staggered power six-channel amplifier with 200 W x 2 @ 4 ohm for your front satellites and 75 W x 4 @ 4 ohm for your rear satellites. You can also drive two subwoofers with 200 W each, plus a set of satellites with 75W x 4.
The XD800/8v2 also features the v2 Spec feature set, which consists of automatic turn-on capability (via signal sensing or DC-offset sensing), and a dual-range differential balanced input section able to handle a wide range of input voltage levels. With the addition of an HD-RLC remote level control (sold separately), you can control the volume of one, two or all three channel pairs of the XD800/8v2 from the front of the vehicle. This amplifier features a black powder-coat finish and a gasketed, brushed aluminum cover for the controls.
JL Audio's signature Advanced Thermal Rollback protection system eliminates annoying thermal shutdown events to keep the music playing, even under the most demanding conditions. Should the amplifier reach an unsafe operating temperature, a special circuit rolls back peak power output, without changing gain, until the amplifier cools down to a safe operating temperature. The red "Thermal" LED will light to indicate this condition has been reached. Once the amplifier cools down, the circuit restores full peak power output and the red "Thermal" indicator reverts to its normal state. The operation of Advanced Rollback Protection is inaudible in most cases.
From the same minds that gave us the technology found in the 'Slash' amplifiers, JL Audio has taken the simple fixed PWM design approach and enhanced it with a very high switching frequency. Full-range NexD amplifiers and channels feature a variable, ultra-high speed version of the NexD technology (switching at well over 400 kHz). In these designs, a self-oscillating modulator with "feed-forward" sends information about the instantaneous power supply voltage to the modulator, combining this with the input signal to cancel out any distortion due to supply voltage fluctuation. This reduces distortion prior to applying feedback, simplifying the overall feedback loop design.
JL Audio XD800/8v2
800W XDv2 Series 8-Channel Class D Full-Range Amplifier with High-Speed NexD Switching Design
$100 e-Gift Card at Sonic Electronix
Digital e-Gift Card for value of $100 applies electronically to account
This item is currently not eligible for our low price guarantee. This may be due to supply constraints, manufacturer restrictions, or another reason. We're always here to help you get the best price possible so give us a call or email today. Our experts will do their best to build the system that works for you within the rules.
Overall rating distribution
By feature average rating
June 9, 2014
100 free dollars
I got this for free with a pair of sony speakers and I got 100 dollars in store credit. I didn't get a card in the mail or anything it just added 100 dollars to my account and when I was checking out I just had to select the credit and pick how much of it I wanted to use
November 2, 2014
Excellent value for all this does
Married this AMP to JL Audio's C2-650 front door speakers and their C2-570X rear for speakers and a pair of 10W3v3 subwoofers able to run everything off this one amp sounds clear as day behind the pioneer avic-8000NEX
Best selling similar products
• RMS: 75W x 4, 325W x 1 Channel @ 4 ohms, 125W x 4, 500w x 1 channel @ 2 ohms, Bridged, 4 ohms: 250W x 2 channels, 750 watts x 1 channel @ (1 ohm)
• Total Peak Power: 2500W
• 4/3/2 or Mono channel operation
• Fuse Rating: 100A x 1
• Signal to Noise Ration: >104 dB
• Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.05%
• 4 ohms: 80 watts x 4 chan. + 350 x 1 chan.
• 2 ohms: 125 watts x 4 chan. + 600 x 1 chan.
• Bridged, 4 ohms: 250 watts x 2 chan. + 600 x 1 chan.
• 5/4/2 Channel Operation
• 65 Watts RMS x 4 @ 4 ohms
• 90 Watts RMS x 4 @ 2 ohms
• 180 Watts RMS x 2 @ 4 ohms (bridged)
• 150 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms (sub channel)
• 300 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms (sub channel)
• Class A/B Full-Range Channel Amplifier w/Class-D Bass Channel
• KickEQ™ 6dB variable bass boost for those additional low frequencies
• FIT+™ (Fail-safe Integration Technology-PLUS) means it works with nearly every radio
• Full-Range RMS: 100W x 4 @ 4 ohms, 150W x 4 @ 2 ohms
• Subwoofer RMS: 400W x 1 @ 4 ohms, 600W x 1 @ 2 ohms
• Wired Bass Remote Included
• Class D Circuitry
• Heavy Duty Aluminum Alloy Heatsink
• Dimensions: 4-3/4"W x 12-1/2"L x 1-1/2"H
• RMS: 210 watts x 4 channels @ 4 ohms + 420 watts x 1 channel @ 2 ohms
• 1800W Max.
• Switchable Phase Shift
• Input Sensitivity Selector
• Remote Subwoofer Control
• Heavy-Duty Screw Terminals
• Chrome-Plated Connections
• Illuminated Logo
Internal Product ID: