Kicker IX254 Impulse Series
- Original Selling Price: $249.99
- 2-, 3-, or 4-channel output
- Tri-Way capable
- frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- 25 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
- 65 watts RMS x 2 in bridged mode
- 35 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
- requires 10-gauge power and ground leads — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- speaker-level inputs
- preamp outputs
- MOSFET power supply
- two 0-18 dB bass boost circuits centered at 40 Hz
- two 0-12 dB treble boost circuits centered at 18,000 Hz
- two 18 dB/octave high-pass/low-pass crossovers switchable at 70 or 110 Hz
- 10-1/4"W x 2-1/2"H x 9-1/2"D
- 1-year warranty
DETAILED POWER HANDLING:
Dynamic Power Rating (measured at 14.4V):
- Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 85 watts x 2
- Per Channel Into A 2-Ohm Load: 42 watts x 4
- Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 30 watts x 4
Continuous Power Rating (measured at 12.5V):
- Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 65 watts x 2
- Per Channel Into A 2-Ohm Load: 35 watts x 4
- Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 25 watts x 4
RCA Line Outputs: In addition to the two sets of RCA inputs, there is a stereo set of full range line outputs. The line outputs allow you to pass a preamp level signal from this amplifier to another amplifier. This eliminates the need to use RCA splitter cords to distribute signals to two amplifiers.
Speaker Level Inputs: High level input connections are included to allow use with sources that do not have RCA preamp level outputs.
Built-in Electronic Crossover: You may select high pass for satellite speakers, low pass for subwoofers or bypass for full range operation. Two crossover frequencies are available, 70Hz and 110 Hz, selectable for both high pass and low pass.
Protection Circuits: Auto-resetting short circuit and thermal protection circuits are included to protect the amplifier from failure due to extreme conditions.
Internal Construction: This amplifier is made with a MOSFET power supply and glass epoxy circuit boards.
KICKEQ Bass and Treble Boost: These bass and treble controls allow you to tune your system for ideal sound quality. The KICKEQ bass boost is centered at 40Hz, and it is continuously variable from 0 to +18dB. The KICKEQ treble boost is centered at 18kHz, and it is continuously variable from 0 to +12dB.
Parallel Off/On Switch: This switch allows 4-channel output from a single stereo input. This feature works with either low-level or high-level inputs. When you have only two channels of input available for the amplifier, you should connect the head unit's output to the front channel input of the amp and move the parallel switch to "on".
Left Side Of Amplifier:
- Gain: two rotary gain controls (front and rear) allow you to adjust the output level
- Crossover Frequency Switch: allows you to select 70Hz or 110Hz (for front and rear)
- Crossover Mode Switch: allows you to choose high pass, low pass or full range (for front and rear)
- KICKEQ Level Controls: rotary controls that allow you to adjust bass and treble boost (for front and rear)
Inputs & Outputs:
Left Side of Amplifier:
- High Level Inputs: molex plug inputs for included harnesses
- RCA Output: gold-plated RCA line output jacks
- RCA Inputs: gold-plated RCA line input jacks for front and rear channels
Right Side Of Amplifier:
- Speaker Outputs: gold-plated screw terminals (each terminal is 0.356" wide)
- Fuse: 20amp fuse
- 12+ (power): gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.356" wide)
- REM (remote turn-on): gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.356" wide)
- GND (ground): gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.356" wide)
- Full SonicElectronix.com warranty
Warranty and Return Policy
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.