Best TV I have ever owned. Great picture and easy to operate.
Samsung UN55B8000 (UN-55B8000)
Ultra-thin 55" Widescreen LED 1080p HDTV with 240Hz Anti-blur Technology
Samsung has recently introduced their highly anticipated line of LED Televisions. Images that are true to life need contrast, color and clarity, and the ultra-brilliant LED TV's has it all. The 3,000,000:1 Mega contrast provides an incredible range of brightness from pure blacks to the whitest whites. Advanced color processing enables a wider range of natural colors and greater depth for a vibrant picture. And with the Auto Motion Plus technology to eliminate motion blur, the result is a jaw-dropping picture never seen before.
The Samsung UN55B8000 is a 55” LED Television and is unbelievably small at a razor thin 1.2” deep. This television is the slimmest yet and can be hung on the wall, making it convenient for tight spaces. The frame is made with red “Touch of Color” for a soft look.
Can't decide if you would rather surf the web or watch TV? Well, you can do it all on the Samsung Series 8 LED TVs. Take the hassle out of sharing your talent with the world by accessing your videos, music and photos from your PC or DLNA Mobile device and enjoy them on your television.Television Features:
- 55" 1080p Ultra-thin LED Television with anti-blur technology
- Wide color enhancer pro provides the fullest and most lifelike colors
- Auto Motion Plus 240 Hz technology eliminates motion blur for smooth, crisp picture
- Slim, sleek design at 1.2" deep
- USB 2.0 Multi-media center to connect a digital camera, thumb drive and even MP3 Player
- Access videos, playlists and pictures with your remote
- Content library flash feature lets you enjoy hours of entertainment
- Digital noise reduction will help reduce static and ghosting (unwanted image) that may appear on screen
- Home network center connects the television and select mobile phones through a wireless network connection to view calls, text messages, and schedules
- Game mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the pictures and speeds up the image processing of games
- DLNA Certified allows you to watch videos, photos, and listen to saved music on your PC through the TV
- V-Chip system blocks rated TV and movie programs determined by the parent
- LED edge backlight for high contrast and natural colors
- Built-in digital (ATSC) and analog (NTSC) for over the air broadcasts
- Built-in QAM cable TV Tuner
- Picture-in-picture and game mode
- 1-year Manufacturer's warranty
- Other Reference #s: UN55B8000A1F, UN-55B8000A1F
- 5,000,000:1 Dynamic contrast ratio
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)
- Built-in DTV Tuner
- 4 HDMI Inputs
- Digital audio output
- PC Input (D-Sub)
- 1 Component input
- 1 Ethernet input
- 2 USB Inputs
- Dimensions: (with stand) 12.1"D x 52"W x 33.9"H
- Dimensions: (without stand) 1.2"D x 52"W x 31.4"H
The type of technology used to produce the screen images. LCD, DLP, Plasma, LCoS, and CRT are the most common. 2 newer technologies include LED and OLED which use light-emitting diodes (LEDs) as a backlight, as opposed to conventional LCD TVs, which use cold-cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFL) for a backlight.
LED technology integrates LCD display technology with LED backlighting. On LED television, both LCD and LED will be selected here.
Selectable aspect ratio means that the user has the option to choose which aspect ratio they would like. This feature is usually found on televisions.
Standard televisions will display the images at 480i or 480p. This means that there are 480 horizontal lines that create the picture.
Inputs & Outputs
"Multilingual" includes three of the major European languages (English/Spanish/French) plus many others such as German, Italian, and more.
Warranty and Return Policy
Summary of Customer Ratings & Reviews
March 20, 2010
6 of 7 found this helpful
September 24, 2009
I've had this HDTV for a little over a week and it's unbelievable GOOD!
Having had Samsung DLP and now this there is no comparison (I thought the DLP was good). Setup was EASY with the 4 HDMI inputs nothing was lacking. I even setup my Zune to which was through the AV plug (need a new HD Zune which would go into the HDMI). I have a PS3 hooked up with Dish network. The PS3 has a picture that is 1080p and is like being in any games. I played Planet Earth BD which so real you can almost touch things. NFL and Nascar are so real. Best price was at Sonic Electronix even got money back through Bing. You got to get this if you want the best picture out there.
6 of 7 found this helpful
January 26, 2010
The TV is awesome and was so easy to setup. The picture is amazing and the features are out of this world. Great job Samsung
3 of 5 found this helpful
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.