With this Harness I was able to do what the techie at Best Buy was not able to do.
2oo2 Ford Mustang GT, now sounding great.
Car Stereo Wiring Harness for Select 2001-03 Ford Mustang w/ MACH System and 2003 Lincoln LS Premium Sound
When replacing your factory radio with an after-market car stereo, the Metra 70-5519 wire harness is a must for a quick and clean installation. It eliminates cutting your OE radio plug. After connecting it, your install is simple as the wires will color-match and easily connect to the after-market stereo. Without the Metra 70-5519, you would have to cut the OE radio plug and manually test each wire to connect to your after-market receiver. In addition, because you do not have to cut your OE radio plug off, the 70-5519 allows you to reinstall your factory receiver if necessary. A great example is if you sold your car, but wanted to keep your after-market radio and re-install your factory stereo receiver. We also recommend the Scosche BOBAZT for a quick connection that is sure to last.
- Amplifier Integration Harness used when installing an aftermarket stereo on Select Ford/Lincoln vehicles
- Connects the aftermarket stereo harness to the vehicles factory harness
- 4 RCA plugs to mate to aftermarket radio's pre-amp outputs
- Harness includes one 16-pin plug and one 8-pin plug
- Designed specifically to fit the compatible vehicles
- Plugs into the factory harness without cutting any wires
- Standard color coded wires provide a consistent and simplified installation
- Made from OEM quality materials
- Compatible with Select 1998-2006 Ford/Lincoln Vehicles
- 2001-2003 Mustang Mach 460
- 2001-2003 Mustang Mach 1000
- 1998 Crown Victoria
- 2006 Econoline
- 2000-2003 Lincoln LS
- Yellow – 12V Constant
- Red – 12V Accessory
- Black - Ground
- Orange – Dash Light Dimmer/Illumination
- Green – Left Rear Speaker (+)
- Green with Black Stripe Left Rear Speaker (-)
- White – Left Front Speaker (+)
- White with Black Stripe – Left Front Speaker (-)
- Purple – Right Rear Speaker (+)
- Purple with Black Stripe – Right Rear Speaker (-)
- Gray – Right Front Speaker (+)
- Gray with Black Stripe – Right Front Speaker (-)
Premium Harness Features
Warranty and Return Policy
Summary of Customer Ratings & Reviews
January 5, 2014
I replaced my factory HU and rear amp and this adapter worked perfect. The plug is made cheap and the instructions are poor but it works. So if you are replacing the HU in your 2001 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer then feel confident this will work for you.
16 of 20 found this helpful
September 22, 2014
This product does exactly what it is supposed to do, except that the connector for the sub/front center amps did not fit very well.
The outer plastic plug is slightly loose, and the pins did not line up well enough for the plug to be inserted.
It took me quite some time to align the pins correctly, but once I did that connector did not lock very well either.
16 of 22 found this helpful
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.