sonic shipped fast,installation was easy if you understand wiring we used it all winter and never failed to start once. no false alarms, good range on starter maybe to good. hit it in your pocket and the thing starts. i cannot say enough good things about it for the cheap price dont let that fool you it really works great.i've bought several items from sonic and have always been completely satisfied. Ive never had to return anything so i cant comment on that but that should tell you something and oh ya I'm in Canada they kick the heck out of our prices
1-way Vehicle Security Car Alarm System w/Remote Engine Start, Keyless Entry & Two 4-Button Remotes
Allows a vehicles engine to active without physical contact from the user. This feature is useful for warming up your vehicles engine and transmission to operational temperatures. In cold climates you can have your interior hot or in warm climates you can cool it down before use. All of this can be done while in the comfort of your home or office.
Performs lock and unlock tasks without physical contact with the vehicle. Power door locks can be controlled from several feet away or even within a building using a remote fob. The fob emits a radio frequency that is digitally encoded to prevent frequency stealing so no one can enter into your vehicle without your wireless transmitter.
Dual Zone Shock Sensor
This shock sensor utilizes warning chirps for minor disturbances and will trip the alarm if it detects more serious impacts or disruptions. Most dual zone shock sensors have adjustable sensitivity to reduce false alarms or warnings. These sensors let would-be thieves know that your vehicle is equipped with an advanced alarm system and to keep away.
Python 513 Features
- 1-way Vehicle Security System with Remote Engine Start and Keyless Entry
- Not sure which model is right for you? Click Here to compare different Python models
- 5-Channel receiver with 3 auxiliary outputs
- HX Plus receiver provides optimum range
- Shut-down toggle switch included
- Onboard stinger double guard shock sensor with remote adjustability
- Zone-2 impact sesnor
- Revenger 514N Soft-chirp siren included
- Two 4-button remotes included:
- Arm: Lock your doors and arm the security system with a push of a button
- Disarm: Unlocks your doors and disarms the security system with a push of a button
- Remote Engine Start: Press the (*) button to start your vehicle
- Aux: Open your trunk and control other optional functions
- XCR Extreme capacity relays built-in
- Hood-Pin included
- 1-year SonicElectronix.com warranty
- Door lock/unlock
- Interior light illumination
- Disabling Starter Kill: If your remote is lost or damaged, you can manually override the starter kill
- Panic Mode: The horn will honk and the parking lights will flash for 30 seconds
- Parking lights flash to confirm arm/disarm and other system commands
- Remote Start: Allows you to remotely start and run your vehicle for a programmable period of time
- Valet Take-Over: Allows the vehicle to remain running after the key has been removed from the ignition, this feature is used for occasions when you wish to exit and lock the vehicle for short periods of time, but would like to leave the engine running and the climate controls on
- Car Finder: Locate your vehicle by having the system flash the parking lights
- Timer Mode: When activated, the system will automatically start the vehicle every 3 hours for a maximum of 6 starts
- Starter Anti-Grind Circuitry: If vehicle is remote started, anti-grind circuitry prevents the starter from engaging even if key is turned to the start position
- Low Battery Indicator emits an additional chirp upon disarming the alarm to let you know it is time to change the battery
- Defogger automatically turns on during remote start unless interior cabin temperature is above 55°
- Turbo Timer Mode keeps the engine running for a programmable period of 1, 3, 5, or 10 minutes allowing the systems timer to cool down the turbo
- Nuisance Prevention Circuitry prevents annoying repetitive trigger sequences due to falty door pin switches, thunder, jackhammers, airport noise, etc...
Replacement / Additional Remote Options:
Python Model Comparison
|Model||Security||Remote Start||Keyless Entry||2-Way||Main Remote Type||Range||Secondary Remote||Channels||Trunk Pop||5906p||LED Screen||Up to 1-Mile||5-Button, 1-Way||4|
|5706p||LCD Screen||Up to 1-Mile||5-Button, 1-Way||4|
|5206p||5-Button||2000 Feet||5-Button, 1-Way||4|
|5303p||LCD Screen||1500 Feet||4-Button, 1-Way||4|
|5106p||5-Button, 1-Way||2000 Feet||5-Button, 1-Way||5|
|5103p||4-Button, 1-Way||1500 Feet||4-Button, 1-Way||4|
|4206p||5-Button||2000 Feet||5-Button, 1-Way||3|
|4203p||Unlock ONLY||1-Button||2000 Feet||1-Button||N/A|
|4103p||4-Button, 1-Way||1500 Feet||4-Button, 1-Way||2|
|3305p||LCD Screen||1500 Feet||4-Button, 1-Way||2|
|3105p||4-Button, 1-Way||1500 Feet||4-Button, 1-Way||2|
Security: This means that the car alarm system is just that. No bells and whistles, just a car alarm system.
Remote Start: when installed, this allows the user to start a vehicle from a remote location. Remote start modules and security with remote start alarms often require an additional vehicle specific bypass module to complete installation.
Security with Remote Start: This means that the system incorporates both features listed above.
For OLED or LCD car alarm remotes/transmitters the display color refers to the color(s) of the screen.
A dual zone shock sensor is a feature of proximity and shock sensors only. Zone 1 ( light impact on shock sensor and short motions(adjustable) on proximity sensor) will trigger warn away chirp to warn intruder that car has an alarm without setting off the full alarm. Zone 2 (heavy impact on shock sensor and extended motions(adjustable) on proximity sensor) will trigger the alarm to “go off”.
Remote Start Features
Specials with this Item
Warranty and Return Policy
Summary of Customer Ratings & Reviews
st louis mo
December 19, 2012
If you're looking for an alarm or remote starter this is a great product to have. I love dei products and this model even though it wasn't a viper does the exact same thing and is very reliable. The remotes are cheap to replace but you wont have to do that for a loooooong time. The install is pretty staight forward not much extra you have to do to make this work. Free AND fast shipping. This was a no brainer. I highly reccomend this alarm!
61 of 73 found this helpful
July 28, 2012
For the person who is looking for basic features and remote start, this is a great choice. The only problem I had was the shock sensor didn't work right out of the box. Of course I didn't have time to install the alarm withing the first 30 days of purchase so the Sonic customer care was not a great experience. They did offer to warranty the item, BUT the shipping was as much as the cost of a new shock sensor. Sonic customer care was horrible and made it extremely difficult to return or exchange the item. If you are going to buy ANY product from Sonic Electronix, i recommend testing it out as SOON as you receive the product, as i am finding out the hard way with EVERY purchase.
61 of 73 found this helpful
New York, NY
January 27, 2012
Being a new car owner I was overwhelmed with the range of alarms available. I'd never heard of Python alarms but decided to purchase this one because it was a great price and had the options I wanted (mainly being able to turn the car on from inside). I must say it's a great alarm. It's easy to use, is not super sensitive (living by the river we get a lot of loud thunder and we're on an airplane route) so it doesn't go off at every little thing and its LOUD!!!
58 of 69 found this helpful
Chula Vista, CA
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.