Picked these up several years ago and have been running them in the front doors of my 95 thunderbird LX. Paired with a set of mid bass 5x7 kickers in the rear and a 10" bazooka sub in trunk. Powered with a 75 watt RMS 4 channel amp these have impressive clarity and no rattle or buzz to speak of. Its a shame these have been discontinued, best 6x8 ive owned.
Cerwin-Vega IT-683 6" x 8" 3-Way Intense Technology
- Description : 6x8 / 5" x 7" 3-way
- Frequency Response : 30 Hz - 22 kHz (+/- 3 dB): 60 Hz - 20 kHz
- RMS Power Handling : 75 watts
- Peak Power Handling: 150 watts
- Sensitivity : (1w/1m): 90 dB
- Impedance : 4 ohms nominal
- Mounting Depth: 2 9/32" (57.8 mm)
- Mounting Width : 7 1/4" (184 mm)
- Mounting Height : 5" (127.6 mm)
- 5 High-Efficency, High-Power Models.
- Woven Crystal-Fiber Midwoofer Cone
- Natural Butyl Rubber Surrounds
- 1" titanium dome midrange with 1/2" titanium composite balanced dome tweeter
- Built-In 12 dB Per Octave Passive Crossover
- 1-year Manufacturer's Warranty
Warranty and Return Policy
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.