A Very Good Amp
QSC RMX 1450
1400W, 2 Channel Power Amplifier
The RMX Series amplifiers give you clean, dynamic power with the legendary QSC sound quality and reliability that pros depend on. The RMX Series deliver unmatched performance at a breakthrough price.Muscular Power Plant
The power supply is the heart of an amplifier, converting raw AC power from the wall to clean DC for the audio circuitry. The RMX uses a powerful high-current toroidal transformer and ample filter capacitance to ensure generous energy reserves. This makes a critical difference in sound quality, allowing the amp to effortlessly punch out high level transients, even when driving abusive 2 ohm speaker loads.Superior Performance
RMX amplifiers deliver true studio-quality sound. A full complementary output circuit using the highest-grade linear output devices delivers ultra-low distortion (<0.05% THD) and a ruler-flat frequency response. SMT (Surface Mount Technology) triples small-signal component density, enabling us to pack up to 2400 watts of power in a chassis only 2 rack spaces and less than 16" deep. And unlike other designs, RMX output devices are direct-mounted to the heat sink for optimum thermal coupling and cooling.Proven Reliability:
With over 30 years of building amplifiers for the largest touring companies and venues around the world, you can count on QSC's reputation for designing the most reliable amps available.
- The RMX Series is packed full of professional features that increase performance and flexibility:
- The RMX 1850HD provides improved thermal performance that gives you higher continuous power in 2 ohms stereo or 4 ohms bridged applications (a RMX 1850HD exclusive!)
- Independent defeatable clip limiters reduce distortion without sacrificing peak performance
- Selectable low-frequency filters boost system response, protect speakers and ensure low-end tightness by more precisely matching the amplifier's range to the loudspeakers
- Barrier strip, XLR and 1/4" balanced inputs plus Speakon and binding post outputs provide easy connections
- Low-noise variable speed fans with rear-to-front air flow keep amplifiers and racks cool
- Compact size - up to 2400 watts in 2 rack spaces
- Professional quality performance - incorporates road-proven QSC designs
- High-current toroidal transformers for greater two-ohm power and low noise
- Independent user-defeatable clip limiters reduce distortion
- Selectable low-frequency filters (30 Hz or 50 Hz) protect speakers and increase headroom
- Balanced 1/4" (6.3mm) TRS, XLR and barrier strip inputs
- Binding post and Neutrik Speakon outputs
- Front mounted gain controls for easy access
- Signal and Clip LED indicators to monitor performance
- Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers
- 3-year Manufacturer's warranty
An amplifier increases the power of the signal being fed to it by taking energy from its power supply and matching the signal but increasing its amplitude. Amplifiers use many different methods for converting these electrical signals and have been categorized into classes.
Class A/B: Greater than 50% of the input signal is amplified while the other percentage is “off”. These amplifiers have a small amount of current flowing through the output transistors all the time which almost eliminates crossover distortion. Class A/B has great sound quality but is not as efficient as class D. These amps are most commonly used to drive speakers.
Class D: Also known as switching amplifiers, class D amps have output transistors that are completely turned “on” or “off”. This means that when the transistors are on, there is almost no voltage across them but when they are off there is significant voltage but no current flowing through it which makes these amplifiers very efficient at the cost of sound quality. These amps are most commonly used to drive subwoofers.Other Classes: You may see classes such as GH, bD, X, FD, etc. by some manufactures. These amplifiers tend to be either class A/B, D or a hybrid of the two but with improvements to their designs that can make them more efficient or offer better sound quality.
Specials with this Item
Warranty and Return Policy
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.