I originally purchased these because of the low profile mounting design. Speakers are actually better than I expected. The mount required a bit more creativity on my side to get to fit but some PVC pipe from Home Depot turned out to be the right size. Sounds good with the MB Quart amp I also purchased and is loud enough to block out both country and western music on the sand bar:-) Durability may be an issue but no problems so far. You really can't tell when the screws are tightened correctly
MTX Audio TM652WB-B 6.5" Thunder Marine Tower Speakers
300W Peak (150W RMS) 6-1/2" 2-Way Thunder Marine Coaxial Tower Speaker System - Pair
The MTX Thunder Marine Wakeboard Tower Speakers System are compact and built for the harshest marine environments. Use it for any boat, UTV, sand rail or motor cycle and hear some of the best sounding all-weather audio speakers! The weather resistant design, highly durable enclosure and included grilles all help protect these speakers from the elements. With over 40 years of audio experience, MTX Audio makes sure and knows how to create quality audio in their products, and the Thunder Marine Wakeboard Tower Speakers System is no exception!
The MTX Marine Tower Speakers System is weather-resistant, durable and built to withstand the elements. The enclosure also contains a UV inhibitor which prevents fading over time.
These speakers are compact and can be installed on a handle bar, roll bar, frame bar, wake board bar and any bar that is between 2 1/8" and 3". It's an easy install with great sound quality!
Best Wakeboard Tower Speakers
Want to know what to look for when finding the best wakeboard tower speakers? Check out our blog and also see our top picks for 2016 here.
- 6-1/2-inch Thunder Marine Wakeboard Tower Speakers System (Black)
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 300 watts per pair / 150 watts each
- RMS: 150 watts per pair / 75 watts each
- Recommended power range: 25 - 75 watts RMS per channel
- Polypropylene cone woofer
- Rubber surround
- 1-inch Soft dome tweeter
- Conformal board prevents corrosion
- Sealed covers and impact resistant grilles
- Passed 500hrs ASTM B117, D4329 marine testing
- 4 ohms impedance
- 1.25-inch Voice coil
- Color: Black
- Authorized Internet Dealer
- 1-year Manufacturer warranty
- Speakers are encased in individual tower enclosures
- Mounts on any wakeboard tower bars from 2-3/8 inches to 3 inches thick
- Roll Cage bracket adapters available, sold separately: MTX Audio TMWBA
- Important: TMWBA required for 2.0 inches, 1.75 inches and 1.50 inches in Bar Diameters
- Attractive enclosure design with marine-tested enclosure material
- Chrome/metallic mounting clamps
- Enclosure Dimensions: 7.46" x 9.45" x 11.34"
Priced Per Pair
Tower Speakers Specifications
Please refer to the product image and description for further details about the speaker.
PEI is an acronym for "Polyetherimide" which is an amorphous, amber transparent, high-performance thermoplastic.
Specials with this Item
Warranty and Return Policy
Unfortunately, MTX does not distribute Just the parts from their Speaker Pod Systems.
Below is a link to a few Speaker Enclosures
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.