These speakers sound great nice and clean the bass above 70hz is crisp... i installed a set of these in my uncles Chevy Tahoe on a Kenwood 4ch and they really are perfect. He has 1 12" kicker cvx and these speakers compliment the sub well
Kicker CSS65 (40CSS654)
600W Peak (200W RMS) 6-1/2" 2-Way CS Series Component Car Speakers System
- 6-1/2" CSS Series 2-Way Component System
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 600 watts per pair / 300 watts each
- RMS: 200 watts per pair / 100 watts each
- Recommended power range: 15 - 100 watts RMS per channel
- Polypropylene cone material
- Durable, Ribbed UV-Treated Polyester Foam speaker surround for precise linear excursion
- Lightweight 3/4" Titanium Balanced Dome tweeter design for outstanding definition
- Tweeter can be Flush, Surface or Angled mounted
- Neodymium tweeter magnet motor structure
- EVC (Extended Voice Coil) technology for high thermal handling
- Shallow mounting design allows fitment into virtually any vehicle
- Built-in phase plugs disperse woofer sound evenly
- Substantial upgrade from factory speakers
- Includes speaker grilles and mounting hardware
- 12dB/octave High Pass and Low Pass crossover filters
- Selectable tweeter attenuation level (0, -3 & -6dB)
- 4 ohms impedance
- Frequency response: 35-21,000 Hz
- Top-mount depth: 1-11/16"
- Sensitivity: 90dB
- Authorized Internet Dealer
- 1-year Manufacturer's Warranty
Priced Per Complete Component System: 2 midwoofers, 2 tweeters and 2 crossover networks.
PEI is an acronym for "Polyetherimide" which is an amorphous, amber transparent, high-performance thermoplastic.
Efficiency (1w/1m) is not an accurate indicator of a subwoofer's output capability and should not be used as a comparison to other speakers or subwoofers to determine which one is "louder".
Shallow mount speakers will typically have a mounting depth of 2" or less, while shallow mount subwoofers will typically have a mounting depth of 3" or less.
What is in the box?
Warranty and Return Policy
Summary of Customer Ratings & Reviews
April 29, 2014
23 of 28 found this helpful
port norris, NJ
June 1, 2015
I recommend this component speaker to everyone. especially if you own a jeep wrangler. the speakers really sound good with the doors off and the soft windows out
12 of 14 found this helpful
November 8, 2015
Really surprised at how great these speakers are. The sound quality is great! Would definitely recommend these to anybody.
1 of 1 found this helpful
Middle of Nowhere, CC
February 5, 2017
I installed the CSS component speakers in the front of my RSX they sound nice and clear with some good bass, Havent ran the tweeters or crossovers yet, Im in the process of wiring up my amp so i can get its full potential. I recommend these to anyone looking for good mids/highs.
0 of 0 found this helpful
20 Feet of true gauge Kicker speaker wire.
Your Price $28.00
Includes Test Light, Crimp/Splice Tool, Multi-bit Screwdriver and more.
Your Price $12.99
Perfect for safely troubleshooting and testing audio systems
Your Price $19.99
Easily removes dash/trims, door clips, panels and pins, rubber grommets and vehicle emblems.
Your Price $11.99
Add Power Door Locking and Unlocking while you have the Door Panels removed
Your Price $30.99
Eliminates speaker panel distortion and reduces vibration, rattles, and squeaks!
Your Price $15.99
Use this to eliminate rattle from your speakers!
Your Price $10.99
Install your Sound Dampening with ease using this heavy duty rubber roller!
Your Price $7.99
Enhance the sound of your speakers with these easy to install speaker baffles.
Your Price $9.99
Creates a tight seal behind speaker for enhanced audio quality.
Your Price $13.84
These yellow butt connectors are ideal when connecting thicker speaker wire your new aftermarket speakers.
Your Price $5.99
These yellow quick disconnect connectors make it easy to connect and disconnect speaker wire your to your new aftermarket speakers!
Your Price $11.99
Unfortunately, we too are a Retailer that does NOT have the parts you seek. Aside from contacting Kicker, your best option will be to get into an Aftermarket set of Crossovers, like the NVX XNET2.
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.