I like my new mini system although there seems to be nothing mini about this system. It has a powerful rich big sound which can blow you away. Very easy to setup. However, they forgot to put a headphone jack for private listening and if you don't want to bother other people. Also, I wish they have the CD/DVD feature just like with the other model (Asian model actually) wherein you can put in either a CD or a DVD to play. I personally saw it in Asia that's why when I came back, I start searching for LG models to check if they have it here too. It's also good to setup as a home theatre surround sound and connecting it to your computer. Overall, I like the features it has and generally satisfied.
LG CM8430 Hi-Fi Micro Component Bluetooth Shelf System Speakers
1200W Wireless Bluetooth 2.1 Channel AM/FM Radio Dual USB/CD Player Shelf System with 10" Subwoofer
Bluetooth Hi-Fi X Metal Bass Speaker System
If you want to listen to music in your home there is nothing else to discuss, THIS is it! The extremely versatile, all-in-one LG CM8430 is THE choice to make for in home musical entertainment. There is nothing Mini about this shelf system, not in size or in ability with the featured AM/FM Radio tuner, Front Loading CD player, Multiple media input jacks, and Bluetooth capability. This powerful speaker system has Two large stereo speakers and an included giant subwoofer that push a combined 1200 Watts RMS to fill your room, the next room, and if you want your neighbors rooms. The LG CM8430 features a USB function that will allow you to record any media from a CD, the radio, or your bluetooth enabled device to a USB drive plugged in to onw of the two available ports. If you have a function you want your music player to have, or even if you have a music player and you want to come home to some of the best and most advanced speaker system you can own... you found it! You're Welcome.
- LG Mini Hi-Fi Bluetooth Stereo 2.1 Channel Shelf System
- Two USB 2.0 Inputs allows for multiple devices to be plugged in at the same time, and USB Recording/Dubbing with the push of a button
- Stream music wirelessly through your iPhone 5S/5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4/4S, Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2 and 1, LG Optimus, HTC One, Android Smart Phones, and any other bluetooth compatible smartphones
- 10" X-Metal Subwoofer Bass design gives the system a sleek finish and delivers deep, thundering bass and maximum audio quality
- 1200 Watts of power output provides rich and booming sound performance, with a strong enough current to fill a whole stadium
- AM/FM Radio tuner with 50 presets to give you a wide range of stations to choose from to find your favorite
- Front loading single CD tray to play CD, CD-R/CD-RW for your favorite MP3 files, and mix tapes
- 11 EQ Settings: User EQ, Cluster2 EQ, Pop, Classic, Rock, Jazz, Natural EQ, Auto EQ, Bass Blast, Loudness and MP3 Optimizer
- Juke Box, Smart DJ and Auto DJ effects plays music with different sounds and playback effects like: auto effect, cross fade, back spin, loop, beat box, and voice sampling
- Offers sound adjustment settings and pre-set sound effects between natural, auto EQ, Pop, Classic, Jazz, Rock, MP3-Opt out, Bass blast, loudness, and bypass
- Ability to record to USB from the CD player, another USB port, Auxiliary, Auxiliary Microphone, Portable, FM AM radio Tuner
- Easily adjust the clock, time and sleep timer settings
- Primary Color: Black
- Also found as: CM 8430
- 1-year Sonic Electronix Warranty
- Amplifier / Speaker:
- Output Power - Front: 400W x 2
- Output Power - Subwoofer: 400W
- Total Output Power: 1200W
- Function Selector: CD, Tuner, Aux in, USB, Host, Portable in, Bluetooth
- Front Speaker System: 2 way
- Subwoofer System: 1 way
- Tweeter Unit: Semi Horn
- Sub Woofer Size: 10"
- AV Inputs / Outputs:
- USB 2.0: 2 Ports
- 3.5mm AUX in
- Aux in (L / R)
- Speaker Out: 9pin System Jack
- Karaoke Function
- MP3/WMA Playable File Requirement:
- Sampling Frequency: Within 32 to 48,000 Hz (MP3)
- Sampling Frequency: Within 32 to 48,000 Hz (WMA)
- Bit Rate: Within 32 to 320 kbps (MP3)
- Bit Rate: Within 40 to 192 kbps (WMA)
- Maximum Files: Under 999
- Maximum Folders: Under 99
- File Extensions: ".mp3" / ".wma"
- CD-ROM file format: ISO 9660 / Joliet
- Compatible USB Devices:
- MP3 Player: Flash type MP3 player
- USB Flash Drive: Support USB 2.0 or USB 1.1
- Radio Tuner:
- Tuner Type: PLL
- Band: FM / AM
- FM Tuning Range: 87.5 ~ 108.0 MHz (50kHz / 100kHz)
- Radio Tuner Presets: 50
- Memory Erase
- Clock , Timer, Sleep set
- Power Consumption: 190 W
- Standby: 1 W
- Unit Dimensions: (W) 11.2" x (H) 15.5" x (D) 14.3"
- Speaker Dimensions: (W) 10.4" x (H) 14.4 x (D) 17.6"
- Subwoofer: (W) 13.1" x 14.4" x 17.5"
- Shipping Dimensions: (W) 51.6" x (H) 20.6" x (D) 17.7"
MP3 should not be confused with MPEG-3. MP3 files are the third audio layer of a MPEG-1 file. The compression algorithm of a MP3 file reduces the file size while keeping the audio quality.
WMA stands for Windows Media Audio and was developed by Microsoft. It is a file used specifically for audio.
More uses of Bluetooth technology include transmitting music to a compatible receiver, printing wirelessly from a computer, and many other wireless uses. Please see the item description for more specific information regarding what features the unit includes.
Some Car stereos are compatible with iPods and/or iPhones. If the headunit can connect to an iPod or iPhone via USB or iPod connection cable, these listed iPods are compatible. This list does not apply if the iPod is being connected through the 3.5mm mini-jack plug. Newer iPods are usually compatible if the appropriate adapters are purchased and used.
Any iPods/iPhones released after the release date of this product have not been checked by the manufacturer and/or Sonic Electronix for compatibility. We therefore cannot guarantee their compatibilities or incompatibilities, including, but not limited to: playback, video, charging, and response time.
iPad 4th Generation
iPod Mini (4 & 6GB)
iPod Touch 5th Generation (16, 32 & 64GB)
iPod Touch 4th Generation (8, 32 & 64GB)
iPod Touch 3nd Generation (8, 32 & 64GB)
iPod Touch 2nd Generation (8, 16 & 32GB)
iPod Touch 1st Generation (8, 16 & 32GB)
iPod Nano 7th Generation (16GB)
iPod Nano 6th Generation (8 & 16GB)
iPod Nano 5th Generation (8 & 16GB)
iPod Nano 4th Generation (8 & 16GB)
iPod Nano 3rd Generation (4 & 8GB)
iPod Nano 2nd Generation (4 & 8GB)
iPod Nano 1st Generation (1, 2, & 4GB)
iPod Classic (120GB)
iPod Classic (80 &160GB)
iPod Video 5th Generation (30, 60, & 80GB)
4G iPod Color & Photo (20, 30, 40, & 60GB)
iPod 4th Generation (20 & 40GB)
iPod 3rd Generation (10, 15, 20, 30 & 40GB)
iPod Shuffle 4th Generation
iPod Shuffle 3rd Generation
RCA Composite Inputs
These are your typical red, white, and yellow RCA composite cables that are common among devices with audio and video inputs. The red and white cables are dedicated for audio. The red cable is for the right channel and the white is for the left channel. The yellow cable is specifically for the video signal. Because this type of auxiliary cable contains 2 channels of audio, it will support stereo sound.
This is commonly referred to as a mini-jack or a headphone jack. It is a 3.5mm plug that transfers audio only. There is a right and left audio channel on the plug which allows for stereo sound playback.
3.5mm AV Input
These plugs look similar to the common 3.5mm mini-jack, however they carry a third channel dedicated for video.
This means that an auxiliary input is possible, but only with the use of an optional accessory. These optional adapters will sometimes use the CD Changer port or other port on the back of a unit that might restrict the use of other expandability features. These accessories are typically sold separately.
Specials with this Item
Warranty and Return Policy
Summary of Customer Ratings & Reviews
Mount Vernon, NY
January 28, 2014
I purchased this shelf system a few months ago (without the wife's permission), and haven't had any significant complaints so far. I find it hard to believe that it is pushing 1200 watts for a shelf system, maybe 600 watts. It will not blow you away, but it will produce a crisp full sound.
Being that any reviews I could find on the net or Youtube videos were in Spanish (I'm a little rusty with my Spanish), I took the chance and went for it. My first thought was the price- after owning it, I believe the price is reasonable. My second thought was, "Will it thump?," the answer, yes and no.
I (self proclaimed audiophile) am happy with the fullness of the bass, but I wanted to FEEL a little bit more for 1200 watts. The EQ adjustments are limited and could greatly improve the performance of this system, maybe an expanded multiband EQ? The preset EQ settings are a joke. Navigation through the settings is a little disappointing. The sound effects are rather corny, but my kids think they are funny. The microphone input could be improved by some karaoke features, but it serves its purpose if you wish to sing along. Radio reception is good, I made my own T antenna with some tape and the plastic mini blind adjuster (the rod that hangs,) and am satisfied with any reasonably located stations. The USB input is wonderful, I have about 50 CDs on a 8GB memory card that is the size of dime and you can barely notice when it is plugged in, so there is no need to worry about it being a single CD player. My wife loves the Bluetooth feature (bonus points) with the fact that she can stream any of her songs when she is in a reasonable distance from the stereo. The Sub lighting is a nice little feature, but honestly, I turned it off since I don't sit and watch my stereo like you would a television.
Overall I can say that I am satisfied with the unit. I would like to see some improvements with any next generation that LG decides to come out with.
9 of 15 found this helpful
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.