I purchased this for my 2003 Range Rover HSE with Navigation and the Harman Kardon factory system, to be used with my 160gb iPod Classic. It works well and sounds really clear connection and media wise, however there are a few irritating issues that really detract from the system as a whole. The ipod must be disconnected each time the vehicle is turned off, and plugged back in each time you turn the vehicle back on, but it must be plugged in after the vehicle is running in order to work. Additionally it produces a metallic/digital scratching or screeching noise for a few seconds each time it is connected. It will play from the last point you stopped using a playlist which is nice, however it will periodically stop and reset the playlist when you plug it in which is really odd. Additionally, though you have to press the "info" button several times to get the song names to show up, it won't scroll the names of the album/song/artist at all so you only get to see a few characters of each which is a disappointment. Overall it is a cheaper alternative to replacing the factory head unit to an aftermarket with the same connections, however it does not offer the ease of use and completeness of an aftermarket unit, such as the ability to stay connected after the vehicle is turned off, and consistency. This will work at least until I purchase a full aftermarket headunit with the same features, because it simply does not function as shown in the video's on the site, maybe it's due to the vid being shown on a BMW and not a Range Rover, but personally, I am very dissatisfied with this product.
GROM Audio BMWTU3 (GROM-USB3-BMWT)
Android and iOS Smartphone Integration for Select 1997-2010 BMW & Rover Vehicles
Bundles with this Product
15% Off Bluetooth Hands Free Adapter with GROM Purchase!
Now you can add a Bluetooth Hands Free Adapter to your Factory Stereo! Save 15% on a BTD Bluetooth Hands Free Adapter with the purchase of a qualifying GROM Audio Smartphone Vehicle Integration kit for your factory head unit. This offer cannot be combined with any other coupons or offers.
GROM Audio Bluetooth Streaming Dongle (BTD)
Special Price $44.19 ($51.99 if purchased separately)
GROM Audio Bluetooth Streaming Dongle (BTD)
• Compatible With All Grom Audio OEM Interfaces Modules
• Plugs Directly To The Extension Port Of Grom Box
• Gives Wireless Handsfree Calling (Accept/Reject Call)
• Compatible With Large Number Of Phones
• Plug And Play
25% off 3.5mm Auxiliary Audio Cable with GROM Purchase!
Now you can connect your 3.5mm Auxiliary Devices to your Factory Stereo! Save 25% on a C-35MDN 3.5mm Auxiliary Adapter with the purchase of a qualifying GROM Audio Smartphone Vehicle Integration kit for your factory head unit.
(Offer 1 of 2)
Combined Total Price
You Save $7.80
- USB, iPhone, iPod and Android Smartphone Vehicle Integration kit
- Compatible with Select 1997-2010 BMW, Mini & Rover Vehicles
- Plugs directly into vehicles harness
- iPhone, iPod and Android in-car play, charge and control
- Fully compatible with GROM Audio's Free DashLinQ Android App for Simple and Safe Use of your Android Phone in Driving Mode
- Two EXT ports for optional AUX-IN and Bluetooth
- Provides 5V charging via standard USB port
- Optional Bluetooth Voice (HFP) and Music Streaming (A2DP)
- Authorized Internet Dealer
- 1-year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Stream you favorite Internet Music Service via USB with Android 4.1 or greater.
- Your USB disk or Android phone becomes a virtual CD changer
- Add a 3.5mm auxiliary connection and 5V charging capabilities with the GROM Audio C-35USB
- USB Socket accepts any USB stick/drive and supports MP3 / WMA / iTunes (AAC) files
- The GROM Bluetooh Dongle allows you to use your phone in the car hands free, stream your MP3 music from your phone to the factory stereo via Bluetooth Audio playback, control your MP3 music with the car stereo or steering wheel controls via Bluetooth wireless audio control
- 1999 - 2005 3 Series Coupe (also include 2006 Coupe/Convertible)
- 1998 - 2003 5 Series1
- 1999 - 2001 7 Series1
- 1999 - 2002 M Coupe1
- 1999 - 2002 M Roadster1
- 1997 - 2005 M3 (also include 2006 Coupe/Convertible)
- 2000 - 2003 M51
- 2004 - 2010 X3**
- 2000 - 2006 X5
- 1997 - 2002 Z31
- 2003 - 2008 Z41**
- 2000 - 2003 Z81
- 2002 - 2005 Cooper
- 2004 - 2008 Cooper Convertible
- Land Rover
- 2002 - 2004 Range Rover HSE2
- BMW X3 (E83) production date 09/05 and up with DSP without navigation, CD changer and iPod connection
- BMW Z4 (E85) production date 02/06 and up with DSP without navigation, CD changer and iPod connection
- BMW Z4 (E86) coupe production date 05/06 and up with DSP without navigation, CD changer and iPod connection
1If Equipped with DSP Radio you will need to purchase GROM Audio C-DSP
2 Requires Navigation Radio with 16:9 Aspect Ratio
Must have 3-pin and 6-pin connection at the CD changer.
**Important for 2005+ BMW X3; 2006+ BMW Z4: If your car falls into this range and has Navigation, CD changer or iPod connection, GROM will work without any reprogramming.
The vehicles below do not require GROM DSP adapter (use analog DSP) and can be installed at stereo or trunk, but audio part will not work until the stereo is programmed (retrofited) to accept CD Changer (bmw calls it “vehicle order”). Please contact your local BMW dealer and ask them to retrofit the stereo to accept CD changer:
Check out the BMWTU3 Owner's Manual
iPhone 5 Compatible
iPhone 6 Compatible
Provides Auxiliary Input
Provides USB Input
BMW 5 Series
BMW 7 Series
Land Rover Range Rover
Warranty and Return Policy
Optional Bluetooth Module for Music Streaming and Hands Free Calling
Your Price $51.99
Includes panel removal tool, wire cutter/stripper, test light, RCA cable runner, screwdriver, and more!
Your Price $11.99
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.