Replacement Remote for Viper 160XV Remote Start Module and Other Directed DEI Remote Start Units
Also found as: Viper-474V
Internal Product ID:
A Heads Up
I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Turbo Diesel. At the time of purchase I installed a Viper 560Xv with the Remote Start.
Recently the last of my two transmitters (474V) became unreliable so I ordered two replacements from Sonic Electronix.
We I received was two 474T transmitters. Thinking an error was made I called support. The gentleman told me that the "V" was no longer available but the "T" was the transmitter that replaced it.
I just finished reprogramming the two of them. The instructions on the packaging is vague. Here are the instructions I used successfully:
In order to enter Learn Routine, the Valet/Program push button must be plugged
into the main brain's Blue 2 Pin Port (Look for a small black push button located under
the drivers dash or drivers kick panel somewhere).
1) Open a door and make sure the dome light is on.
2) Turn the ignition on to the RUN position or you may also start car.
3) Within 15 seconds press and release the Valet/Program push button
to select the channel you wish to program. For example, press and release
once for channel 1 (arm/disarm channel).
For Channel 2, press and release twice (trunk release).
For Channel 3, press and release three times (remote start).
(Some DEI systems require different programming for different channels. You
can get specific installation manuals with remote programming instruction Here)
Press and hold the Valet/Program push button once more. You should get a
confirmation chirp/horn-honk or a flashing LED light (If installed).
If you do not get a chirp/horn-honk the alarm may have a jumper in
the alarm that has the programming feature turned OFF (disabled).
4) Once the alarm chirps/horn-honks keep holding the Valet/Program push button.
5) Press the button on the transmitter that you would like to control the selected receiver
channel. A chirp/horn-honk will confirm that the code has been learned. If programming
more than one transmitter repeat step 5. Old transmitter codes will be dropped only
if programming 4 new transmitters.
6) Once the code(s) are learned, the Valet/Program push button can be released.
Learn Routine will be Exited if:
Ignition is turned off
Door is closed
Valet/Program push button is pressed too many times
More than 15 seconds elapses between steps
One long chirp/horn-honk indicates that Learn Routine has been exited.
Best selling similar products
• 5-Button Remote Transmitter for the SP-402 Remote Start Car Alarm
• 1500 Foot Range
• 2-Way Paging Replacement FM LCD Remote Transceiver
• Rechargeable Battery
• Works with SP-502
• Main remote for E1 remote start system
• 4-Button Transmitter
• 1500' Range
• Features LCD Display For Alerts and Command Confirmations
• Includes One AAA Battery
• Clifford 1-Way Remote Control
• 4 Button Remote
• Key Ring Included
• Battery Included
• Orange LED Indicator
Save up to 10 different vehicles in your garage