The Audiophile 2496:
The Audiophile 2496 embodies a quantum leap in computer audio fidelity and performance unequaled by other audio cards in its price range. This critically acclaimed PCI card features premium digital audio converters, elegant board design, and ultra-stable drivers just like the rest of the Delta line, but with a simpler I/O configuration. As a member of the Delta family, the Audiophile 2496 supports all computer platforms and major software programs, ensuring seamless integration and rock-solid performance. See why the Audiophile 2496 is one of the best-selling digital audio cards in the industry.
36-Bit Embedded DSP:
All Delta cards contain a 36-bit embedded DSP enabling a software-driven patchbay/router for all analog and digital I/O - all with extremely fast throughput for low-latency software monitoring. A single unified control panel provides settings for clock and sample rates, buffer sizes, individual signal levels for every input and output, adjustable +4dBu/-10dBV pad controls and digital I/O control on up to four installed Delta cards. All controls are also easily accessible through most professional audio software applications for seamless integration and operation.
Ableton Live Lite delivers much of the functionality of Ableton Live - the revolutionary, multi-award winning music production solution that allows you to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise and edit your musical ideas in a seamless audio/MIDI environment. Live brings your acoustic, electronic and virtual instruments - as well as your digital audio recordings and MIDI sequences - together in a single interface with unparalleled ease of use. Ableton Live Lite 7 now sports up to eight tracks, more effect instances, an enhanced audio engine, 64-bit mix summing, multiple time signatures, new and improved devices, side-chaining, refined MIDI timing and more.
The Live Concept:
Live Lite offers two main views - the Session View and the Arrangement View - that interact in a powerful and unique way, allowing you to create, produce and perform your music all in a single application. Here is the principle behind each view:
|Live's Session View acts as a musical sketch and launch pad, encouraging you to try out new ideas and improvise freely. Each cell in the Session View grid can hold a loop, recording, MIDI file, complete song or any other musical element. These ideas can be recorded on the fly or dragged in from the Browser, combined and played in any order you wish.
|The Arrangement View offers a timeline-based approach for traditional recording, MIDI sequencing, arranging, editing and other musical production tasks, and when you improvise in the Session View, all of your actions can be recorded into the Arrangement View, where they can be edited and perfected whenever you like.
What's In The Box?
- (1) Audiophile 2496 PCI card
- (1) Breakout Cable
- (1) Users Manual
- (1) CD or diskette containing software drivers and Delta Control Panel software for Windows 98/95/NT and Macintosh OS 8.5.1 or higher
- (1) M-Audio Warranty Registration card
Audiophile 2496 Features:
- High-Definition 4-In/4-Out Audio Card
- Up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio
- 2 balanced analog inputs (1/4" TRS)
- 2 balanced analog outputs (1/4" TRS)
- SCMS copy protection control
- S/PDIF digital I/O (coaxial RCA connectors) with 2-channel PCM
- Digital I/O supports surround-encoded AC-3 and DTS pass-through**
- Software routing of inputs and outputs
- Digital I/O can be routed to/from external effects
- 1 x 1 MIDI I/O
- ASIO, WDM, GSIF 2, and Core Audio driver support for compatibility with most applications
- Apple G5 compatible - Incompatible exceptions
- Includes Ableton Live Lite music production software, so you can make music right away
- Works with other Delta cards
- Also found as: Audiophile2496, 2496, 24-96, Audiophile 24/96, Audiophile-2496
- Authorized Internet Dealer
- 1-year Manufacturer's Warranty
Ableton Live Lite 7 Features:
- Intuitive audio recording and MIDI sequencing*
- More than twenty built-in audio effects, including a host of creative delays, filters, distortions, studio compressors and EQs*
- Includes two software instruments: Simpler for creative sample-based synthesis, and Impulse for dynamic, sampled drums*
- Supports VST and AU effects and instruments*
- Real-time time-stretching and warping of AIFF and WAV files for DJing and instant remixing
- Tweak Live's controls in real time with any MIDI controller - just MIDI map it
- All editing of your musical creations are non-destructive so you can experiment without worries
- Integrated single-screen user interface for simple, creativity-focused operation
- Dedicated Instant Mappings for many of M-Audio's controllers
- A wide selection of presets for Live Lite's instruments and effects
- Extensive built-in step-by-step tutorials
- Localized software menus, tutorials, and PDF reference manuals available in English, Spanish, French, German and Japanese
- Frequency Response: 22Hz-22kHz, -0.4, +/-0.4dB
- Dynamic Range: 104dB (A-weighted) (D/A); 100.4dB (A-weighted) (A/D)
- THD: < 0.002%
Minimum System Requirements for Audiophile 2496:
* Home and Professional Edition only. Windows Media Center Edition is not supported.
- OS: Windows 98SE / Me / 2000 (SP4) / XP (SP2)* / Vista SP2 (32Bit , 64 Bit) / Win7 (32Bit , 64 Bit)
- CPU: Intel Pentium 3 500 MHz (96 kHz operation); Intel Pentium 2 400 MHz (48 kHz operation)
- RAM: 128 MB (96 kHz operation); 64 MB (48 kHz operation)
- Connectivity: Available PCI slot
** Windows XP required for Dolby Digital and DTS "pass-through."
- Mac OS:
* G3/G4 accelerator cards not supported.
- OS: OS X 10.1.5, 10.2.8, 10.3.8, 10.4, 10.5.1
- CPU: G3* 500 MHz (w/ OS 9.2.2); G4* 500 MHz (w/ OS X 10.1.5, 10.2.6, 10.3.8, 10.4, 10.5.1)
- RAM: G3 = 128 MB; G4 = 256 MB
- Connectivity: Available PCI slot
OS 10.3 required for Dolby Digital and DTS "pass-through" with Apple DVD Player.
Currently there are two Apple G5 models that are incompatible with this product.
Please click this link for more information.
Intel-based Mac Pro and DualCore G5 with PCI-Express expansion slots not supported.
- Format Compatibility:
- ASIO 2
- Sound Manager
- Mac OS X Core Audio / Core MIDI
Minimum System Requirements for Ableton Live Lite 7:
* Live Lite is limited to eight tracks, four simultaneous built-in audio effects, four built-in instruments, two AU/VST effects and two AU/VST instruments per project. Live Lite 7 does not include video support, compressed audio support, or Complex warp mode.
- OS: XP or Vista
- CPU: 1.5 GHz or faster
- RAM: 512 MB
- Sound Card: Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended)
- Quicktime 6.5 or higher
- DVD-ROM drive
- Mac OS:
- OS: OS X 10.3.9 (10.4 or later recommended)
- CPU: Any G4 or faster (Intel Mac recommended)
- RAM: 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
- QuickTime 6.5 or higher
- DVD-ROM drive