Expert Service 1-877-289-7664 [Hours]
Kenwood eXcelon DNX6990HD
In-Dash 6.1" Touchscreen DVD/CD/MP3/USB Car Stereo Receiver w/ GPS, Bluetooth and iPod Control
Kenwood Excellence: DNX6990HD
Sick of looking at that stock stereo in your your car? Then Kenwood's DNX6990HD multimedia double-DIN receiver is a must for you! You get a factory look with great features, including touchscreen navigation ready, Bluetooth connectivity, DVD playback, an HD Radio tuner, smartphone app access, and much more. And a wealth of connections allows you to enjoy music from your thumb drive or iPod, as well as songs or files on disc. eXcelon products incorporate the latest technologies and deliver the highest sonic performance. From advanced audio tuning capabilities, crossover and equalizer systems, high voltage preouts and two-year warranty, eXcelon represents the very best product available.
Garmin GPS guidance Ready
DNX models offer the world's leading GPS navigation system by Garmin. With preloaded NAVTEQ® map data of the United States and Canada, including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico, choose from different intuitive map view options including split-screen AV control.
USB Connectivity for iPhone, iPod & other compatible mass storage devices
USB-enabled DNX receiver models, feature USB connectivity for audio playback from popular devices like iPhone and iPod. Featuring easy-to-use user interface, iPod browsing is a breeze when searching by playlist, artist, album, song, genres or composer. The user can also search by Album Artwork. For added versatility, App/iPod Mode disables the receiver's integrated control, enabling passengers to control the iPod manually including some selected Apps. The same USB connectivity allows users to connect USB thumb drives and external hard disk drives.
Car Portal for iDatalink
A real solution for Ford SYNC owners.In a collaborative effort with ADS (Automotive Data Solutions), a Ford SYNC customer can now keep the existing SYNC features like iPod control, Bluetooth, Satellite radio and 911 assist, and seamlessly interface them with Kenwood’s advanced user interface and Garmin navigation system found on a range of Kenwood DNX receivers to communicate and display the on-board SYNC features of the car. The optional iDatalink interface/wiring harness will give owners of compatible Ford/Lincoln vehicles the best navigation option on the market by adding an affordable Kenwood DNX model as an alternative to expensive factory navigation solutions.
If your vehicle doesn't have factory Bluetooth system then DNX6990HD has you covered. It features built-in Bluetooth wireless technology that promotes safe driving habits by allowing you to have a hands-free conversation while you drive without the need to hold a phone. Incoming calls can be set to pick up automatically or at the touch of a button if you prefer to screen incoming calls. For outgoing calls, you can choose to dial out by scrolling through your phonebook on the easy to read display interface or by voice dialing if enabled on your compatible smartphone
Kenwood is all about system expansion. You can add a SiriusXM satellite radio tuner SXV200V1 (required and sold separately) to the DNX6990HD and access a huge variety of sports, news, entertainment, and commercial-free music that satellite radio gives you. The DNX6990HD also has a dedicated connection for a rear-view camera, so you can see if there are any kids or obstacles behind you as you back out of a tight parking space or your driveway. If you're a true audiophile and are looking to add amps and subs, there are three sets of 4-volt preamp outputs available, including a dedicated subwoofer output with level control and low-pass filter.
You can watch DVDs on the 6.1" screen while parked, and this receiver will work with your VW factory rear seat entertainment system. You can also use the rear audio/video output to add rear seat screens — then use the dual zone feature to let your passengers watch movies in back while you listen to music up front.
Keep your vehicles steering wheel audio controls
In most Volkswagen vehicles you can use PAC SWI-PSv1 or the Axxess ASWC (required and sold separately) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to the Kenwood stereo. Simply connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular vehicle and the headunit and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
- Kenwood eXcelon DNX6990HD In-Dash Navigation Receiver
- Full-color 6.1" LCD touchscreen display
- 2-way iPod control allows control from the iPod or the stereo
- Variable color illuminated button lighting
- Power Output:
- Peak: 50 watts x 4 channels
- RMS: 17 watts x 4 channels
- Ford SYNC customer can now keep the existing SYNC features like iPod control, Bluetooth, Satellite radio and 911 assist
- CD text information display
- MP3 ID3 Tag Display (Title/Artist/Album) HD Radio built-in
- 1-year Sonic Electronix Warranty
Playback and Audio Features:
- Playback of CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3 and WMA
- Playback of region 1 DVD discs
- AM/FM tuner with 18FM/12AM presets
- Electronic Shock Protection (ESP)
- 3-band parametric equalizer
- 24-bit Digital Analog Converter (DAC) to enhance your MP3/WMA playback
- SD Card reader for (audio and video) playback
- 3 Sets of 2V preamp outputs (front, rear and subwoofer)
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio Ready: SiriusXM Radio Package and subscription required and sold separately
- Built-in Bluetooth technology supports hands-free calling with a compatible Bluetooth phone
- iPod and iPhone Ready: Standard USB-to-iPod Cable compatible, however the Kenwood KCA-IP202 is required for video playback
- Front Auxiliary Input: 3.5mm headphone jack allows connection to portable media devices such as MP3 players
- Front Rear USB Input: USB port allows connection to digital devices such as flash drives, portable media players, etc.
- Dedicated Backup Camera Input: Used for universal rear view cameras with an RCA composite input. The Kenwood CMOS-300 is recommended and sold separately
- Steering Wheel Control Ready: PAC SWI-JACKv1 or the Axxess ASWC required and sold separately
- Rear RCA Video Output: Used for connection to separate monitors and other devices
- Rear RCA Audio/Video Input: Used for connecting video accessories such as game consoles, video cameras, etc.
- CD changer controls
- GPS guidance by Garmin
- Provides automatic rerouting around congestion and road closures in major metro areas
- Realistic representations of interchanges
- Lane guidance and junction view
- NAVTEQ traffic info for up-to-the-minute data
- Easy to use graphic user interface
- Over 6 million point of interest
- Program up to 500 waypoints
- Text-to-speech voice guidance
- Selectable 2D or 3D Map display
- Track logging display
- Built-in Bluetooth technology for hands-free talking and audio streaming
- Bluetooth range up to 32.8 ft.
- Supports SMS message notifications and A2DP audio streaming
- Bluetooth Profiles Supported:
- HFP: Hands Free Profile allows a hands-free car kit to connect to a compatible mobile phone
- HSP: Headset Profile enables a Bluetooth headset to connect to a compatible mobile phone
- PBAP: Phone Book Access Profile allows the car stereo to display the name of the incoming caller, as well as access the contact list of the mobile phone directly from the car stereo
- A2DP: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile allows high quality audio to be streamed from an audio device to the car stereo
- AVRCP: Audio/Video Remote Control Profile supports basic remote control functions (play, pause, etc) via Bluetooth
- SPP: Serial Port Profile provides a wireless replacement for RS-232 based serial communications
- Works with most Bluetooth enabled cell phones
- Includes a built-in microphone for clear, and distortion-free talking
Have a Question about the Kenwood DNX6990HD?
Warranty and Return Policy
Includes panel removal tool, wire cutter/stripper, test light, RCA cable runner, screwdriver, and more!
Your Price $12.99
Helps with car stereo installation for use with dash and trim.
Your Price $14.99
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.
Product Name: Kenwood eXcelon DNX6990HD
The Sonic Advantage
What gives Sonic the edge over the competition
Fast & Free Shipping
Low Price Guarantee
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Free Lifetime Tech Support
Returns Made Easy
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
No Restocking Fees
That's right, 100% refund on complete, like new returns. Learn More
Let's face it, electronics break. We've got you covered for a full year. Learn More
Easy Return Shipping
Request a return, use our shipping label, and ship it back. Learn More
Always available to answer your questions
Our trained install professionals can tackle any install challenge