this garmin does exactly what you'd expect it to. it also has some neat little bells like a real-time gas mileage gauge. i think the controls were pretty easy to figure out, i only had difficulty figuring out how to edit stops on a route. good screen, decent enough size and bright enough. pretty much worth the 120 i paid for it!
Garmin nuvi 255W (nüvi® 255W, MPN: 010-00718-20)
4.3" Touchscreen GPS Navigation Personal Travel Assistant with 3D Mapping
- 4.3" Widescreen portable navigation system with voice guidance and optional MSN Direct services
- View map detail, driving directions and photos in bright, brilliant color
- Preloaded City Navigator NT street maps, including points of interest (POIs) database with hotels, restaurants, fuel and ATMs
- Announces street names so you will never miss a turn or take your eyes off the road
- 2D or 3D Mapping for your convenience
- Digital elevation maps show you shaded contours at higher zoom levels
- Accepts custom points of interest such as school zones and safety cameras
- HotFix satellite prediction calculates your position faster to get you there quicker
- "Where Am I" button so you always know where you are
- JPEG Photo viewer
- World travel clock with time zones
- Currency converter
- Measurement converter
- Photo navigation allows you to download Google Panoramio Pictures and navigate to them
- Compatible with optional enhanced MSN Direct content
- Free Garmin Garage where you can download animated vehicles that show your location on the map
- 1-year Manufacturer's warranty
- Display resolution: 480 x 272
- WQVGA Color TFT with white backlight display
- Battery life: Up to 4 hours
- Basemap, preloaded maps and the ability to add maps
- Accepts SD Data cards
- 1000 Waypoints/favorites/locations
- Voice prompts and speaks street names
- Voice-activated navigation (operate device with spoken commands)
- Choice of route setup and route avoidance
- Speed limit indicator
- Garmin Lock (anti-theft feature)
- Dimensions: .8"D x 4.8"W x 2.25"H
Portable GPS Features
More uses of Bluetooth technology include transmitting music to a compatible receiver, printing wirelessly from a computer, and many other wireless uses. Please see the item description for more specific information regarding what features the unit includes.
Road: These navigation devices assist in driving.
Sports: These navigation devices are used primarily for sports such as golf, cycling, and other fitness sports.
Trail: These navigation devices are used for off road and trail applications.
Water: These navigation devices are used on boats and for marine applications.
City and Road Data: This includes all the maps, road, and street data that are commonly used. They are designed for use in cars, trucks, and most vehicles that travel on the road.
Rivers, Lakes, and Coastline Data: This includes all the necessary data that is used for marine and boat applications.
Address: The user is able to enter a specific address and the unit will navigate there.
City: The unit is able to navigate to a city, without a specific address needed. A great feature when traveling across several states or provinces.
Coordinates: This is a convenient feature for when you have specific longitude and latitude values.
Favorites: These are shortcuts that you can set for easy access to commonly traveled locations. Examples could include your home, office, favorite restaurant, movie theater, or any other frequently traveled location.
Home: Program and save your home address for fast and simple navigation to your home.
Intersection: Searches for specific cross-streets rather than a specific address.
Map Browsing: This feature enables the user to point to a location on the navigation screen and choose to navigate there. A great feature for when you visually know where you want to go, but are not sure of the address or intersection.
Phone Number: Search for locations by their phone number. Perfect for when you know the phone number of a restaurant or similar locations, but do not have the address. Also convenient when a store has many locations and you need to go to the one that you have previously called.
Point-of-Interest (POI) Name: Search by name for Points-of-Interst such as restaurants, ATMS, banks, hotels, recreation, hospitals, shopping, and more!
Point-of-Interest (POI) Vicinity: Search for Points-of-Interst that are close by to your current location. Points-Of-Interests include restaurants, ATMS, banks, hotels, recreation, hospitals, shopping, and more!
Points-of-Interest (POI) Type: Search for Points-of-Interst by there category. These include restaurants, ATMS, banks, hotels, recreation, hospitals, shopping, and more!
Quick Search: Allows the user to search for specified POI's that are commonly used.
Recent (Previous) Searches: This feature will load the users recent searches for fast navigation back to them.
Route: This allows the user to select a route that has been previously established.
Point-of-Interest (POI) Name
Point-of-Interest (POI) Vicinity
Points-of-Interest (POI) Type
Warranty and Return Policy
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.