This Bluetooth Handsfree has excellent sound quality, pairs easily with phones and reads the incoming caller's name from your phonebook. Separate microphone helps callers to hear you better, not much interferance. Really excellent.
Alpine KCE-400BT (by Parrot)
Remote Mount Bluetooth Interface for Select Alpine Receivers
Now you can talk on your cellphone hands free through your car audio system's compatible Alpine stereo and the KCE-400BT Bluetooth adapter interface. The KCE-400BT Bluetooth adapter plugs into your 2009-up Bluetooth ready Alpine stereo, using the Full Speed iPod® connection. A handy pass-through connection lets you plug in your iPod, too.
A one-time, simple setup process links your phone for use with the KCE-400BT and once setup, connection is automatic as soon as you hop in the vehicle and turn your key! From there, you'll get peace of mind, safety and convenience from your new mobile speaker phone.Product Features:
- Remote Mount Bluetooth Interface for Select Alpine Receivers
- Powered by Parrot for expanded compatibility for many Bluetooth enabled cell phones
- Updates can be downloaded via a Bluetooth connection with a laptop
- Active Echo Cancellation technology offers a noise-free sound when you are on the phone
- Features full phone book access, call history, voice tag dialing and auto answer with compatible phones
- Using any 2009 Alpine head unit's user interface, you can call anyone in your contact list or use direct 12-key dialing with the IVA-W505 and IVA-D106 models
- Listen to songs from your phone or other compatible Bluetooth devices wirelessly through your headunit
- Streaming Audio supports the A2DP and AVRCP formats
- AVRCP enables phones gives basic control of the phone through the headunit such as play/pause and track up/down
- Automatic importing of contacts and support for voice dialing
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth enabled cell phones
- 1-year SonicElectronix.com warranty
- Alpine iDA-X303
- Alpine iDA-X305
- Alpine CDA-105
- Alpine CDE-102
- Alpine IXA-W404
- Alpine IVA-W505
- Alpine IVA-D106
Alpine products are warranted solely by Sonic Electronix, Inc. under the same period and terms as the original Alpine warranty. Sonic Electronix is not an Authorized Alpine Dealer and Alpine requires all merchandise purchased by Sonic Electronix customers to be returned solely to Sonic Electronix. Alpine products are also covered by our Standard Return Policy for returns on exchanges or refunds within 30 days from the date of purchase.
For example, a JVC Bluetooth adapter will only work with JVC units. A Pioneer iPod adapter will only work with Pioneer head units.
Stereo & Vehicle Specifications
Specials with this Item
Warranty and Return Policy
Summary of Customer Ratings & Reviews
July 19, 2011
22 of 26 found this helpful
January 8, 2011
Head Unit (Radio): Alpine CDA-9883
Phone: Droid X
NOTE: the standard wires that come with the KCE-400BT are not compatible with all Alpine radios. I had to buy two wires that were compatible (one for iPod adapter, the other for the radio unit). These cost me $50 extra.
- Quality of phone call is very good
- Can listen to MP3 and other radio applications (such as Pandora) via bluetooth
- I have to unpair/pair EVERY TIME I get into the car.
- My radio unit does not allow me to do a firmware update to the KCE-400BT on my own. The instructions state that I have to take it to my dealer to have the firmware updated. I bought this online, so I do not have a dealer to take this to, nor do I want to have to face an additional cost by taking it to a place that sells this item. However, I may have to do this at least once, if only to hope that a firmware update will resolve the issue of the unpair/pair that I have to go through every time I get into the car.
- Cannot use the voice command - you have to use the radio phone function to rotate through your phone book to dial a number.
I had a $60 bluetooth unit that clipped to my visor. I liked it alot, and thought that upgrading my radio bluetooth would be even better, especially since the car speakers would be used by the KCE-400BT. Overall call quality is great; however, the unpair/pair issue and not being able to use voice command are big takeaways (especially for my overall cost). If you have a newer Alpine radio unit, then this may work much better for you. But not so much if you have an older Alpine radio and a newer phone.
19 of 23 found this helpful
November 17, 2010
Good product if you want to add bluetooth to your Alpine product, had some issues connecting it to a Alpine IVA-D106 cause it needed other cables that didn't came with the product. Beside that, I recommend
18 of 22 found this helpful
November 15, 2011
This unit was very simple to connect to my Alpine CDA-105. The sound is great and clear through my Kicker speakers and the person on the other end says they have no trouble hearing me at all and I sound very clear. Some times the phone is slow to respond with the unit or locks up. I have not tried another phone to see if it an issue with the unit or the phone.
17 of 21 found this helpful
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.