Garmin nuvi 500 (nüvi® 500, MPN: 010-00700-10)
3.5" Portable, Plug-in-Play GPS Receiver with Preloaded Map Data and Voice Guidance
- 3.5" TFT Touchscreen GPS Navigation System
- Rugged, waterproof multi-purpose receiver
- Comes with detailed street and topographic maps
- Switches models to navigate your lifestyle and provides turn-by-turn directions to your destination
- Features driving, walking, bicycling and boating modes
- "Where am I" emergency locator so you always know your location
- Preloaded with City Navigator NT Street maps with millions points-of-interests (POIs)
- Digital elevation maps show you shaded contours at higher zoom levels
- Includes preloaded U.S Topographic maps and accepts optional mapping for outdoor adventures
- BlueChart g2 and Inland Lake marine maps on microSD card to navigate out on the water
- HotFix satellite protection calculates your position faster to get you there quicker
- World travel clock and time zones
- Currency and measurement converter
- Supports optional FM Traffic alerts or MSN Direct content
- Free MAD Maps for a scenic road trip for Historic Route 66
- Garmin Garage to download car-shaped icons to your device
- Auto re-route (fast off-route and detour recalculation)
- Choice of route setup (faster time, shorter distance, off road)
- Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls)
- Speed limit indicator (display speed limit for most major roads)
- 1-year Manufacturer's warranty
- Display resolution: 320 x 240
- Display type: QVGA Color antiglare TFT with white backlight
- Battery life: up to 8 hours
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery
- IPX7 Waterproof
- Preloaded map (regional or 48 states plus topographic)
- Built-in internal memory
- Accept microSD Cards
- 500 waypoints/favorites/locations
- Dimensions: .9"D x 4.21"W x 3.35"H
Portable GPS Features
More uses of Bluetooth technology include transmitting music to a compatible receiver, printing wirelessly from a computer, and many other wireless uses. Please see the item description for more specific information regarding what features the unit includes.
Road: These navigation devices assist in driving.
Sports: These navigation devices are used primarily for sports such as golf, cycling, and other fitness sports.
Trail: These navigation devices are used for off road and trail applications.
Water: These navigation devices are used on boats and for marine applications.
City and Road Data: This includes all the maps, road, and street data that are commonly used. They are designed for use in cars, trucks, and most vehicles that travel on the road.
Rivers, Lakes, and Coastline Data: This includes all the necessary data that is used for marine and boat applications.
Address: The user is able to enter a specific address and the unit will navigate there.
City: The unit is able to navigate to a city, without a specific address needed. A great feature when traveling across several states or provinces.
Coordinates: This is a convenient feature for when you have specific longitude and latitude values.
Favorites: These are shortcuts that you can set for easy access to commonly traveled locations. Examples could include your home, office, favorite restaurant, movie theater, or any other frequently traveled location.
Home: Program and save your home address for fast and simple navigation to your home.
Intersection: Searches for specific cross-streets rather than a specific address.
Map Browsing: This feature enables the user to point to a location on the navigation screen and choose to navigate there. A great feature for when you visually know where you want to go, but are not sure of the address or intersection.
Phone Number: Search for locations by their phone number. Perfect for when you know the phone number of a restaurant or similar locations, but do not have the address. Also convenient when a store has many locations and you need to go to the one that you have previously called.
Point-of-Interest (POI) Name: Search by name for Points-of-Interst such as restaurants, ATMS, banks, hotels, recreation, hospitals, shopping, and more!
Point-of-Interest (POI) Vicinity: Search for Points-of-Interst that are close by to your current location. Points-Of-Interests include restaurants, ATMS, banks, hotels, recreation, hospitals, shopping, and more!
Points-of-Interest (POI) Type: Search for Points-of-Interst by there category. These include restaurants, ATMS, banks, hotels, recreation, hospitals, shopping, and more!
Quick Search: Allows the user to search for specified POI's that are commonly used.
Recent (Previous) Searches: This feature will load the users recent searches for fast navigation back to them.
Route: This allows the user to select a route that has been previously established.
Point-of-Interest (POI) Vicinity
Points-of-Interest (POI) Type
Warranty and Return Policy
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.