Calyx M (M1)
Portable Hi Resolution Hand Held Music Player & DAC
The Must-Have Accessory for Audiophiles On-the-Go
The award winning Calyx Audio M is the perfect solution for the audiophile on-the-go. The M functions as both a high-resolution personal audio player and a digital-to-analog converter. The M features Calyx's proprietary user interface, the 2015 iF Design Award for Communication Apps and Software M:USE. This powerful, intuitive software makes the M an incredibly easy to use audio player. One of the many perks of the M is its ability to drive most headphones, anything from sensitive in-ear monitors to power hungry over-ears headphones with ease thanks to the nearly 0 output impedance. The analog output stage of the M is fully discreet, meaning that individual resistors and transistors are used in place of op-amps to better contribute to the fantastic sound of the M. The audio output also works great with a car stereo auxiliary input, giving you the ability to play high resolution audio in your car.
Award Winning M:USE...
The powerful award winning custom-designed software, M: USE, gives you the ability to browse and create playlists directly. This attractive, feature packed proprietary user interface allows you to easily browse through your music by artist, album and track title while the search function lets you quickly find what you're looking for. With a quick swipe of your finger you can create multiple playlists in the M's Jukebox. You can also easily rearrange your play queue with an easy drag-and-drop function. Your stored music is just a touch away!
With the ability to store up to 448 GB of music through SD and Micro SD card slots and also function as a DAC, the M is a true all-in-one solution to audiophile-grade audio on-the-go. Calyx engineered the M with an internal ESS Labs chip for digital conversion and the built-in micro USB input allows it to be used as a standalone asynchronous DAC. The best part is that the M can play virtually any file type including DSD, 128DSD and more! Calyx is well known for exceptional sound quality and the M doesn't disappoint.
The sleek, lightweight M features an ultra responsive high definition 4.65" rugged Gorilla glass OLED touchscreen display along. The easy to use slide volume control gives you point volume control in 0.5dB increments. Clalyx designed the M with a durable aluminum body to ensure use for years to come. No matter what you're listening with, be it your favorite pair of headphones or your sound system at home you'll never want to listen to your music through anything else.
Really, the M is the best-sounding, best-performing, most interesting stock platform available to portable audiophiles, the world over.
- Nathan, Headfonia
- High resolution portable music player and DAC
- Custom designed, intuitive award-winning user interface
- Proprietary award winning M:USE software allows you to browse your music and create fresh playlists on-the-go
- Won the coveted 2015 iF Design Award for Communication Apps and Software
- Browse by artist, album and tracks
- Easily create multiple playlists in the Jukebox
- Rearrange your play queue with simple drag-and-drop functionality
- Quick search function allows you to easily find what you're looking for
- Nearly zero output impedance
- Drives most high-end headphones with ease
- Utilizes individual resistors and transistors in place of op-amps (chips)
- Sound quality of players that use op-amps is determined by the chip chosen
- Large 4.65" Gorilla glass high definition OLED touchscreen display
- Resolution: 1280 x 720
- Micro USB input allows for use as a standalone asynchronous DAC
- Playback of virtually any file type including DSD, 128DSD, DXD and 32bit 384KHz
- Easy-to-use onboard controls
- Analog controled digital volume slide control provides accurate volume control in 0.5dB increments
- Durable aluminum body with anodized Calyx Brown finish
- Includes SD and micro SD card slots that support up to 256GB cards
- Maximum Memory Capacity: 448GB
- Internal rechargeable battery provides up to 5 hours of playback
- Dimensions: 2.75"W x .58"D x 5.3"H
- Authorized Internet Dealer
- 1-year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Core Processor: Cortex A5, 625MHz / 1GB
- Supported File Formats: AIFF, AIF, ALAC, FLAC, WAV, DFF/DSF(64DSD, 128DSD-DoP), DXD, AAC, MP3, MP4, M4A, OGG
- Sampling Frequency (kHz): 44.1, 88.2, 176.4, 352.8, 48, 96, 192 & 384
- Bit Depth: 16, 24 & 32
- Output Voltage: 1.25V rms @ 16 Ohm
- Frequency Response: 20-32,000 Hz
- 0.0008%@1kHz at 32 Ohm
- 0.004%@1kHz at 16 Ohm
- Channel Separation: [email protected]
- Dynamic Range: 114dB
- Standalone USB DAC compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7 & 8(32bit, 64bit) and Mac OS X 10.6+
- Sample Rates: Asynchronous. 32/384. 128x DSD-DoP
- Internal Memory: 64GB flash memory
- External Memory:
- SD card slot supports up to 256GB card
- Micro SD card slot supports up to 128GB card
- Language: English and Korean
- Optional Languages: Japanese, Chinese, German, French, Spanish and Italian
Rechargeable alkaline, nickel cadmium, nickel metal hydride, lithium ion, and lithium ion polymer are all examples of rechargeable batteries.
Some batteries are integrated and built into the item, while others are removable.
On some items such as wire or cables, this specifies how the cables connect to transfer the signals.
Display and Controls
MP3 should not be confused with MPEG-3. MP3 files are the third audio layer of a MPEG-1 file. The compression algorithm of a MP3 file reduces the file size while keeping the audio quality.
WMA stands for Windows Media Audio and was developed by Microsoft. It is a file used specifically for audio.
The audio compression AAC stands for Advanced Audio Coding. They generally tend to have better sound quality than most MP3 files.
Specials with this Item
Warranty and Return Policy
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.