For anyone who likes to crank it up in the car, the new JBL 12" high-output GT5-12 subwoofer is the real deal. The JBL GT5-12 subwoofer features a single 4-ohm voice coil and a vented motor structure, and offers 1100 watts of peak power handling. The GT5-12 also features JBL’s newest design, combining classic elements with modern ones.
The GT5-12 follows the design of the more-expensive JBL subwoofers, combining classic elements with modern ones.
The GT5-12 handles 275W/1100W (RMS/Peak) power and offers nearly 20 percent higher Xmax than many competitors.
With its fully vented motor structure and rubber-coated tinsel leads, the GT5-12 is able to withstand even the most intense bass assault.
Unlike competing entry-level subwoofers, the GT5-12 is based on a solid motor structure featuring two large magnets covered by the classic JBL rubber ring.
Sonic Electronix, one of the leaders in car audio, recently visited Harman, the premium global audio and infotainment group, at their research and development locations in Northridge, California and Detroit, Michigan. The purpose of these visits was to utilize and combine the powerful brand of Harman and the industry leading knowledge behind Sonic Electronix to begin working together on developing future car audio projects.
Internal Product ID:
Best selling similar products
• RMS Power: 1200 Watts
• 3” 4-Layer High Temperature Black Aluminum Voice coil
• Carbon Fiber Enhanced Non-Pressed Paper Cone
• Custom High Roll foam surround with black nylon stitching
• 202 oz. Triple stacked High Energy ferrite magnet
• Die Cast aluminum vented basket
• Peak Power: 1000 watts
• RMS Power: 500 watts
• Polypropylene Cone
• Santoprene Rubber Surround
• Impedance: Dual 2 ohms
• Mount depth: 5-3/4"
• Sensitivity: 86.9 dB
• 600 Watts RMS / 1200 Watts Max
• Dual 4-ohm Voice Coil
• Non-Pressed Paper With Woven Carbon Fiber Top
• High Excursion Foam Surround
• Stamped Steel Basket
• Single Nomex Spider
• 10,000W Peak
• 5,000W RMS
• Poly-ether Wide Edge Surround
• Triangular Lattice Design
• Spider Ring Design for Increased Linear Spider Position
• PSP Terminal for Easy and Quick Wiring
• Aluminum Bobbin Voice Coil
• 1200W Peak
• 600W RMS
• Anodized Aluminum Heat Sinking Cone
• Santoprene Vertical Attach Surround Technique
• 4-Layer 2-1/2" Voice Coil
• Proprietary Spider Venting
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.
Save up to 10 different vehicles in your garage