Garmin nuvi 5000 (nüvi® 5000, MPN: 010-00639-10)
5.2" TFT-LCD Portable Navigation Unit with SD Card slot for JPEG Photo Playback
- 5.2" TFT-LCD Portable Navigation System
- Designed for RV and truck drivers because of the larger viewing screen
- View map detail, driving directions, photos, play games in a brilliant, sunlight-readable display
- Includes a composite video input to connect a rear-view camera
- Preloaded with City Navigator NT Street maps with millions of POIs
- 2D or 3D maps and turn-by-turn directions
- Announces the name of exits and streets
- 3-D Digital elevation map view gives you fair warning of grade changes
- Custom points-of-interests such as school zones and safety cameras
- "Where am I" button helps find the closest hospital, police stations, gas station and nearest address
- With route planning, you can save up to 10 routes
- Automatically sorts multiple destinations to provide an efficient route for errands or deliveries
- Displays speed limits for highways and interstates
- Trip log provides an electronic bread crumb trail of up to 10,000 points
- 1-year Manufacturer's warranty
- Display resolution: 800 x 480
- Display type: WVGA Color TFT with auto dimming backlight
- Battery life: External power only
- Dimensions: .8"D x 4.5"W x H
- MP3 Player
- Audio book player (subscription to audible.com required)
- JPEG Photo viewer
- Garmin Games
- Garmin connect photos
Portable GPS Features
More uses of Bluetooth technology include transmitting music to a compatible receiver, printing wirelessly from a computer, and many other wireless uses. Please see the item description for more specific information regarding what features the unit includes.
Road: These navigation devices assist in driving.
Sports: These navigation devices are used primarily for sports such as golf, cycling, and other fitness sports.
Trail: These navigation devices are used for off road and trail applications.
Water: These navigation devices are used on boats and for marine applications.
City and Road Data: This includes all the maps, road, and street data that are commonly used. They are designed for use in cars, trucks, and most vehicles that travel on the road.
Rivers, Lakes, and Coastline Data: This includes all the necessary data that is used for marine and boat applications.
Address: The user is able to enter a specific address and the unit will navigate there.
City: The unit is able to navigate to a city, without a specific address needed. A great feature when traveling across several states or provinces.
Coordinates: This is a convenient feature for when you have specific longitude and latitude values.
Favorites: These are shortcuts that you can set for easy access to commonly traveled locations. Examples could include your home, office, favorite restaurant, movie theater, or any other frequently traveled location.
Home: Program and save your home address for fast and simple navigation to your home.
Intersection: Searches for specific cross-streets rather than a specific address.
Map Browsing: This feature enables the user to point to a location on the navigation screen and choose to navigate there. A great feature for when you visually know where you want to go, but are not sure of the address or intersection.
Phone Number: Search for locations by their phone number. Perfect for when you know the phone number of a restaurant or similar locations, but do not have the address. Also convenient when a store has many locations and you need to go to the one that you have previously called.
Point-of-Interest (POI) Name: Search by name for Points-of-Interst such as restaurants, ATMS, banks, hotels, recreation, hospitals, shopping, and more!
Point-of-Interest (POI) Vicinity: Search for Points-of-Interst that are close by to your current location. Points-Of-Interests include restaurants, ATMS, banks, hotels, recreation, hospitals, shopping, and more!
Points-of-Interest (POI) Type: Search for Points-of-Interst by there category. These include restaurants, ATMS, banks, hotels, recreation, hospitals, shopping, and more!
Quick Search: Allows the user to search for specified POI's that are commonly used.
Recent (Previous) Searches: This feature will load the users recent searches for fast navigation back to them.
Route: This allows the user to select a route that has been previously established.
Point-of-Interest (POI) Name
Point-of-Interest (POI) Vicinity
Points-of-Interest (POI) Type
Warranty and Return Policy
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.