A little pricey when other companies are offering hotspots for a much cheaper price but this works really well going down the highway with few interuptions. The coverage is excellent but wish that Autonet would offer service in Canada. The unit comes with a 12 volt input but it would also be nice if there was a 110v adapter included.
AutoNet Mobile CarFi KT-ANMRTR-04
In-Car High Speed Mobile Internet WiFi Router and Hotspot! Passengers surf the net while driving!
The Newest and Latest From AutoNet Mobile
From the company that put the internet in the car, comes the newest way to receive high-speed internet access inside your car. The AutoNet Mobile KT-ANMRTR-04 is the latest in CarFi technology and designed to bring convenience into our lives on the road. By installing the KTANMRTR04 mobile router inside of your vehicle, you are rendering your vehicle a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot (Internet subscription required. See below). Once installed, feel free to browse the internet, check e-mails, stream YouTube videos, check your Facebook, update your Twitter, chat with friends, and anything else that requires the internet. The Autonet KT-ANMRTR-04 CarFi router can even be connected to a gaming console, such as a Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 to allow for online gaming while on the road. For those are traveling a lot for business, this advanced Car-Fi router is the perfect way to stay connected with a full speed internet connection for your entire trip. From road trip to business trip, The AutoNet Mobile KTANMRTR04 CarFi internet router becomes the center of attention and a reliable asset to your car!
- What Can AutoNet Mobile Do For Me?
- Features and Specifications
- Mobile Applications
- Service Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What's in the Box?
- Allows high speed internet access in any vehicle
- Gives you a wireless Wi-Fi connection within 150 ft. of your car
- Lets you send/receive emails, stream internet content, play online games, and more from inside your vehicle
- Can be installed in multiple vehicles
- Provides a secure and reliable internet connection
- High speed connection with virtually no bandwidth limitations
- Mounts easily anywhere in the car (recommended location is the trunk)
- Docking station hardwires directly to the vehicles electrical system for a reliable and consistent power source
- Secondary docking station available allows the AutoNet router to be moved from one vehicle to another
- Router can be removed from the dock and taken with you when not in use
- Utilizes the latest 3G EVDO wireless technology for a reliable and fast internet connection
- Internal TRU Technology from AutoNet maintains a consistent, smooth connection while transferring from one cell tower to the next
- Enhanced range lets users connect to the AutoNet from up to 150 ft. away from the main router
- Can connect up to 10 users simultaneously
- Ethernet port for directly connecting a computer to the router
- Huge coverage area! Click here for the coverage map.
- Uses Verizon Wireless Broadband service backbone, the nations #1 3G broadband network for coverage and speed!
- Allows multiple laptops, PDAs, phones, PSPs, etc to connect silmultaneously
- Share high-speed broadband Internet access plus files and printers among multiple computers, with or without wires
- Average speeds of 400Kbps to 800Kbps
- No special software needed
- Plug-and-Play setup makes wireless configuration secure and simple
- Service Subscription required. Service starting at $29/month
- Capable of up to 256-bit WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) encryption
- Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2) features ensure that your connections are secure
- VPN passthrough
- Wireless-G networking allows enhanced data transfer speeds while maintaining worry-free compatibility with 802.11b networks
- Compatible with 802.11 a/b/g
- Works with any operating system including Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Solaris
- Supports any Wi-Fi enabled device including PCs, Macs, PDAs, PSPs, POS Systems, and remote Security
- Extra docking station available: AutoNet Mobile ASY-DOCKANM-01
- Other search terms: KTANMRTR04, KT-ANMRTR-04, 087ANMRTR4
- Dimensions (not including antennas): 1-1/2"D x 8-1/2"W x 8"H
- Authorized Internet Dealer
- 1-year Manufacturer's warranty
- Additional mobile applications available for the ultimate in convenience and business applications
- Offers additional security and managerial features
- Find My Car: Allows the user to login to the AutoNet website to see the instant location of vehicles
- Geo Fence: After establishing specific geographic "zones", a SMS message or email notification will be sent when the vehicle installed with AutoNet Mobile CarFi cross the established line
- Content Filtering: Enables advanced content filtering to prevent inappropriate sites and content
- These additional applications require a subscription from a My AutoNet account
Not only does AutoNet provide the router you need to connect to the Internet while in the car, but they also provide the monthly service. AutoNet Mobile patented technology allows for uninterrupted connectivity while the car is in motion. The router runs over both 3G and 2.5G cellular data networks to give you the fastest and most expansive coverage the US. Click here to see the Autonet coverage map.
AutoNet Mobile has two monthly data plans to accommodate your needs. The $29 monthly plan includes 1GB of data per month and the $59 monthly plan includes 5GB of data per month. See the chart below to find out what plan you need:
When you purchase the AutoNet WiFi router from Sonic Electronix, great customer service is just a phone call away. AutoNet Mobile has centralized customer service and provides support for the router and the network in one local call center. If you have any questions about your service, router, or billing, one of their friendly associates will be happy to troubleshoot for you over the phone. If you ever need to send the router back for warranty purposes, our team at Sonic Electronix can help you expedite the process and get your router repaired or exchanged quickly.
Will AutoNet Mobile work with my existing cell phone carrier?
AutoNet Mobile is an Internet Service Provider and does not work with your existing carrier. You will need to subscribe to the AutoNet service in order to take advantage of having a Wi-Fi hotspot in your car.
How fast is it?
Download speeds up to 800K/second.
Does AutoNet Mobile provide a secure connection?
Your Wi-Fi connection is secured with WEP encryption, MAC address restriction or WAN port restriction. Also supports VPN pass-through.
How much is it per month?
AutoNet Mobile service starts at $29 monthly.
What OS do I need?
AutoNet Mobile is compatible with all Operating Systems that support Wi-Fi including Windows, OSX, Linux and Solaris.
Which devices will work with AutoNet Mobile?
Any Wi-Fi enable device will work with AutoNet Mobile including: desktops, laptops, Macs, PDAs, servers, PSPs, iPhones and more!
Do I need special software to use AutoNet Mobile?
Special software is not needed to use AutoNet Mobile. Simply connect your Wi-Fi device to AutoNet Mobile, launch your web browser and surf.
Do I need to have an exterior antenna installed on my car?
Additional antennas are not required to use AutoNet Mobile. The In-Car Router already has an antenna.
What is the connection range for AutoNet Mobile?
Typically, you can connect from up to 150 feet away. This means that a friend *could* be driving behind you and connect (if you provide the wireless password key). We have tested it at Sonic Electronix and found that it works, but we recommend all users are passengers in the vehicle with the router for optimal use.
- AutoNet mobile Wi-Fi router (KT-ANMRTR-04)
- Wiring harness
- Owners manual
- Quick start guide
What Others are Saying:
"Anything that connects to WiFi will work." (Jonathan Blum from WIRED magazine)
"...AutoNet Mobile can turn your car into a rolling Wi-fi HotSpot." (Fortune Magazine)
"My kids love road trips now because they stay connected with friends online." (Betsy B. from The Washington Post)
"A shining example of go-anywhere, do-anything internet is the Autonet mobile Wi-Fi router." (MSNBC)
"You can do anything you want with a WiFi device that you could do anywhere else." (Paul Hochman from FOX Business)Check out this guide to learn how to install an Autonet mobile router.
(newest, current model)
(previous model, replaced by AutoNet Mobile CarFi KT-ANMRTR-04)
Warranty and Return Policy
Summary of Customer Ratings & Reviews
March 14, 2011
26 of 29 found this helpful
December 19, 2010
I purchased the AutoNet Mobile CarFi about six months ago. We live in West Texas and I bought it for a road trip to Orlando, FL. I got it installed for around $50 or so. I can't quite remember, but it wasn't much. As soon as I left the car stereo store I tried it out w/a netbook and it worked right away. The netbook had no problem recognizing the wifi hot spot "Autonet" and connecting. My wife and two teens have the IPhone 3GS and they were all able to connect and use the wifi hot spot. I will say that the IPhones were a little less consistent in establishing a connection and holding on the the signal. It might have something to do with signal tower strength or some software issue. However, it was not that much of an issue. As far the AutoNet Mobile CarFi picking up a signal from the Verizon towers or any other towers, it was about what you would expect from a cell phone, dealling with changes in terrain, obstacles etc.. We did travel mostly on Interstate highways, which were pretty good. We did notice that the IPhones would switch to or overide to 3G service in the large uban areas. The CarFi worked very well and the Autonet web page used to track the data usage was also very helpful. Setting up the service was also a very painless experience and the customer service was helpful, knowlegeable and I believe located in the United States, which is always a plus. We live in a rural area in West Texas and it has come in very handy on long trips for football, basketball and other school activities. People are amazed that anyone around my Tundra can pick up the wifi hotspot as long as there is a tower to receive a signal. I also plan to buy another docking station and have that installed in my wife's Acura so we can just pop it off my truck and dock it in her MDX. Overall we are very satisfied and would recommend this product to anyone interested in a mobile wifi product. Others might have a different opinion with the same product, but I can only comment and share what I have experienced with the AutoNet Mobile CarFi.
23 of 26 found this helpful
October 20, 2011
Works as advertised, I use it in my RV.
18 of 21 found this helpful
September 20, 2013
I have this device in my semi and have got to say that if you like being on the Internet without getting kicked off you need this! When my wife is driving I do a bit of Forex trading so having a great connection is important. Thanks, Tim H
16 of 19 found this helpful
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.