This is a great product and works flawlessly. You do have to program each button but it took maybe 30 minutes to set up. The instructions explain it pretty well. It's also best to punt the IR sensor in the dome light housing or in the pillar, or anywhere overhead facing the radio. This adapter works just like a remote, so the IR sensor needs to be close to facing the radio for the best response.
PAC SWI-Xv1 (New Version of SWI-X)
Universal Interface for Aftermarket Receivers to Factory Steering Wheel Audio Controls
The SWI-X allows the customers to retain the use of their steering wheel or rear seat radio controls when replacing the factory head unit. The SWI-X also retains the use of heater control buttons on GM vehicles. The SWI-X features just can't be beat!General Features:
- Universal factory steering wheel radio control interface
- Interfaces factory steering wheel controls to an aftermarket radio
- Aftermarket radio must be IR remote controllable
- The SWI-X interfaces will only work with infrared remotes that use a 38-40kHz carrier frequency (most after market radio wireless remotes meet these specifications, but always check with your manufacturer first)
- The SWI-X is so universal that you only need one SKU number to cover over 95% of the vehicles made from 1986 to current.
- Even with new vehicles coming out every year the SWI-X is not vehicle specific so you will not be stuck getting a new one for each car
- The SWI-X has non-volatile memory which keeps all programming in memory even if the vehicle battery is disconnected
- The SWI-X not only covers Ford, GM or Chrysler/Dodge but also it covers Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, GMC, Harley Davidson, Honda, Hummer, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Saab, Toyota and Volkswagen.
- Check the General Installation Manual to see basic instructions for the PAC-SWIXV1
- You may also check the Vehicle Specific Wiring to see your cars wiring instructions
- Denon head units are unknown at this time.
- 1-year SonicElectronix.com warranty
Steering Wheel Control Specifications
Warranty and Return Policy
Summary of Customer Ratings & Reviews
Baton Rouge, LA
September 17, 2013
39 of 46 found this helpful
February 11, 2013
Great product. I had an SWI-PS on my Sony deck and it worked great. I changed decks to a Pioneer unit that didn't have the mini jack plug, so I needed the SWI-X unit. For me it was a simple switch modules and plug in my existing harness, program it, point the led transmitter in the right direction, and it worked flawlessly.
I highly recommend the PAC line of accessories.
39 of 46 found this helpful
August 10, 2012
Sorry, but I have not yet installed the SWI-Xv1. But I believe, that it will work. Thanks!
38 of 44 found this helpful
October 19, 2009
this unit requires optical link to the remote sensor. My new head unit had wired remote capability so I went to that one instead. Still have this one ready to install if you want to buy one cheap
39 of 48 found this helpful
September 18, 2013
It wasn't hard to hook up and it does what it says and programming was a little difficult to follow but the instructions tell you what to do
35 of 42 found this helpful
Boynton Beach, FL
May 18, 2012
Doesn't fit Mazda6 2011. The wiring diagram wasn't exactly the greatest and therefore after consulting Mazda Technicians never installed the unit into the vehicle. So maybe on previous models years of the vehicle it may fit or maybe other Mazda models but not mine! :/
35 of 43 found this helpful
desert hot springs,ca.
July 21, 2011
Product is easy to use easy to install and an affordable price
33 of 40 found this helpful
January 15, 2011
this product works great with my 2011 gmc sierra pickup
34 of 42 found this helpful
July 7, 2011
Excellent product! Reasonable price and works as advertised. Unit can be programmed to any settings from the remote.
28 of 35 found this helpful
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.