I just recently got the crimestopper sp-402 with remote start and its great. Its my first car alarm and I installed it my self. With the Manual its pretty easy to install. The only think that sucks is the range if you have window tint just find a good place to mount the anntena. I got my alarm at a pretty good price compared to the other alarms and it seems the pirce went up a little but its still worth the buy.
1-Way Car Alarm Remote Start Security System with Two 5-Button Remote Transmitters
Allows a vehicles engine to activate without physical contact from the user. This feature is useful for warming up your vehicles engine and transmission to operational temperatures. In cold climates you can have your interior hot or in warm climates you can cool it down before use. All of this can be done while in the comfort of your home or office.
Performs lock and unlock tasks without physical contact with the vehicle. Power door locks can be controlled from several feet away or even within a building using a remote fob. The fob emits a radio frequency that is digitally encoded to prevent frequency stealing so no one can enter into your vehicle without your wireless transmitter.
Dual Zone Shock Sensor
This shock sensor utilizes warning chirps for minor disturbances and will trip the alarm if it detects more serious impacts or disruptions. Most dual zone shock sensors have adjustable sensitivity to reduce false alarms or warnings. These sensors let would-be thieves know that your vehicle is equipped with an advanced alarm system and to keep away.
- 1-way Car Alarm, Remote Start Security System with Keyless Entry
- Includes two new-style, ultra sleek 5-button remote transmitters with brushed aluminum trim and titanium silver button finish
- Up to 1500 Ft range
- Twin data ports to accomodate both Fortin and ADS modules
- Smartphone interface port
- 5 On-board relays for remote start
- 4 Auxiliary outputs
- Starter kill output
- Switchable frm 1-way to 2-way system through add-on option (additional components needed)
- Pulsed horn output
- 2 New style transmitters with sliding button guard to prevent accidental button press
- 433 MHz High frequency with extended range on-glass antenna
- Dynamic code protection (anti code-grabbing)
- Code learning receiver
- Plug-in Electronic dual-stage shock protection
- Multi-zone trigger protection
- Defective zone bypass with warning chirps
- Alarm pre-warning signal
- On-board relay for flashing lights
- Audible and visual arm/disarm with intrusion alert
- Programmable carjack protection
- Programmable vehicle horn output
- Remote panic protection
- 20W High-power mini single tone siren
- Programmable passive door locks
- Programmable passive and active re-arming mode
- LED Diagnostic for last zone triggered
- Replacement Remote: Crimestopper SPTX-42
- Authorized Internet Dealer
- 1-year Manufacturer's warranty
- DPII Technology results in a 2-way data port allows for direct plug-in data modules
- Remote keyless entry
- Negative door lock outputs
- Auto lock/unlock through vehicle's ignition
- Separate driver's door unlock priority
- Programmable double unlock pulse
- Programmable 1 or 3 second door lock pulse
- Silent arm/disarm through the remote
- Four remote auxiliary outputs: 2 Fixed, 2 Programmable (Timed, Momentary or Latched On/Off)
- Two vehicle operation
- Dome light illumination
- Programmable arm/disarm chirps
- 30 Programmable options
- Turbo timer mode allows engine to continue running from 1-5 minutes after key removal (requires additional switch)
- "Ultra smart" tachless mode with custom 800-100% voltage range adjustment
- Programmable "wake up" ignition pulse on unlock for vehicles with "slam locks"
- Timed crank mode (Pre-set starter cranking time in 4 increments of 0.5-1.5 seconds)
- Glow plug input or programmable timed delay for diesel engines
- Five on-board remote start relays for easy installation: ACC, IGN, IGN2, start, and parking lights
- Selectable engine speed sensing for "Smart" tachless or tach (RPM) learning
- Remote start diagnostics
- 3rd start output
- Tach finder mode
- Programmable engine run time: 12, 24, 36 or 48 minutes
- Factory OEM alarm arm/disarm dutputs
- Negative ignition output for additional relays or anti-theft bypass modules
- Hood open safety circuit provides the unit will not remote start if hood is open or ajar
- Foot brake or parking brake option
Security: This means that the car alarm system is just that. No bells and whistles, just a car alarm system.
Remote Start: when installed, this allows the user to start a vehicle from a remote location. Remote start modules and security with remote start alarms often require an additional vehicle specific bypass module to complete installation.
Security with Remote Start: This means that the system incorporates both features listed above.
For OLED or LCD car alarm remotes/transmitters the display color refers to the color(s) of the screen.
A dual zone shock sensor is a feature of proximity and shock sensors only. Zone 1 ( light impact on shock sensor and short motions(adjustable) on proximity sensor) will trigger warn away chirp to warn intruder that car has an alarm without setting off the full alarm. Zone 2 (heavy impact on shock sensor and extended motions(adjustable) on proximity sensor) will trigger the alarm to “go off”.
Remote Start Features
Warranty and Return Policy
Summary of Customer Ratings & Reviews
December 24, 2013
81 of 97 found this helpful
Saint Kitts and Nevis
November 21, 2013
I bought this product and it was very easy to install, more features than expected like I said great product great price
57 of 68 found this helpful
November 25, 2013
The alarm works flawlessly. Comes with an easy to read setup manual.
The remote start is a masterpiece.
Most what I like is the range. 1500 ft that's awesome.
For the price of this product i would highly recommend this to anyone.
55 of 65 found this helpful
December 16, 2014
Has not been installed yet, bought it for neighbor and he is working on another project. Looking at the unit and features I am very impressed with the quality and features
55 of 66 found this helpful
April 5, 2014
The product is at a great price but you better be ready to have some help with electrical wiring diagrams or be automotive savey if doing it by yourself
56 of 68 found this helpful
February 8, 2014
I purchased a Crimestopper SP-402 Car Alarm with Remote Start. Their design is much the same to the Car Alarm with Remote Start (CS-2011RS IV) I purchased back in 2006.... Still on my car today without a single problem! It was a great system then and the SP-402 is a better system for today. I installed my own system back then and today. It takes a little bit of common electrical understanding to install yourself. The instructions are great and so is the Crimestopper support. Just contact Crimestopper with purchase of new system and they will e-mail you a wire diagram chart for you specific car.
57 of 71 found this helpful
November 12, 2013
Easy installation and product is exactly as described. Very impress with range whether for remote start or alarm/disarm function. Good team of professionals, fast shipping and outstanding customer service.
53 of 64 found this helpful
El Paso Texas
February 22, 2014
Crimestopper SP-402 was insalled on my 96 Grand Cherokee only worked one day it doesn't get the signal. at the workshop were it was installed told me the problem was on the antenna I was trying to buy a new antenna did not find it . I bought from you two Viper 350 for my other cars they were installed at the same shop they still working great. So just to let you Know. I already bought lot of components from you. So we'will see what happens maybe I will get a Viper. Thanks.-
54 of 67 found this helpful
November 27, 2013
Installation was easy with the instruction manual. Very responsive unit and tapping into the horn for feedback helps to ensure the signal was sent properly. I would recommend this unit to anyone looking for a remote starter.
50 of 61 found this helpful
bullhead city az.
April 23, 2015
my order came on time is good price and sevice Iwill recomended to others
37 of 48 found this helpful
March 22, 2018
Easy install and customer service are great during install,paired it with EVO-KEY
0 of 0 found this helpful
May 13, 2017
Great alarm, and remote start very easy to install, it was my first time installing a remote starter and car alarm, instructions are very simple, im buying another one for my daughters car.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Ozone Park NY
June 24, 2016
I recently buy a crime stopper but I had one installed on my other car 20 years ago and it is working good.
0 of 0 found this helpful
April 10, 2016
For the price it was a great buy. I'm buying another for my wife's honda.
0 of 0 found this helpful
5-Button Remote Transmitter for the SP-402 Remote Start Car Alarm
Your Price $18.99
I am looking for a RF kit to add to the system and hopefully be able to swap original flip key to new remote? any ideas? Thanks for any assistance.
2. If so is this all I need or will I need the Module?
Internal Product ID
Wiring Diagram Legend
Warning: The image depicted shows the resistance change when wiring multiple subwoofer terminals. Please refer to your subwoofer's owner's manual for the proper wiring of its terminals. Sonic Electronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage caused to your audio system or vehicle due to improper installation. Please call tech support at 1-877-289-7664 if you require additional assistance.