PRIME Series Single-Channel Monoblock Class D Car Amplifier • 250W x 1 Chan. @ 4 Ohms • 500W x 1 Chan. @ 2 Ohms • Tuned Bass EQ • Variable Low-Pass Filter • Extruded Aluminum Heatsink
Overall rating distribution
By feature average rating
June 18, 2012
I Really Like It
When I first pulled this amp out its packaging, I had to laugh a little. It's got a footprint that's only a bit bigger than a CD case. It weighs a couple of pounds at most, and has a very understated look. The birth sheet states 558 watts RMS @ 2ohms. I hooked it up to an MTX RTS12-04 in a factory spec box. I used 8-gauge power wire from RF and 10 gauge speaker wire. I put the box in the trunk of my Honda Accord with the port and cone facing into the cabin - back seats folded down. Let me tell you, this little amp does some serious work! My roof/trunk/door panels all flex like crazy. I can see my shirt and the plastic bags on my floor vibrating on the low notes. I can even feel my hair shaking and smell my poor sub's voice coil. Mind you, it's still only wired at 4 ohms! I can't wait to hook it up to a good 15 at 2 ohms.
I think this amp is perfect for people wanting loud bass without having to modify their car's electrical system. My car came stock with a 130 amp alternator, so this little guy won't even come close to over-drawing my charging system. Also, it can't draw more than about 50 amps, so you can use 8-gauge power wire as long as it's high quality. You have to love the efficiency of a class-D amp. It barely gets warm to the touch after blasting for 20 minutes at full volume.
If there is a better amp out there for the money, I haven't heard of it. Having owned it for only a few days, I have yet to test its durability. However, Rockford Fosgate is well known for the quality of their products. The bass remote knob is an awesome feature that you must buy separately with most other amps. The low-pass filter and bass boost controls work well and aren't obtrusive. The heat sink design is nice and clean, which is great because I hate bright flashy colors. Also, the blue power-on LED lights up my trunk at night, which is cool. All in all, this amp is better than expected and I could not be happier. If you want loud bass without a big amp, this is it.
May 26, 2012
amazing output for its size
I'm running this in a 99 olds intrigue (stock electric) with a hypnotic 12" zen in a 3.25 cuft box tuned at 34 hz and its nuts.
I was disappointed when I seen I bought the smaller r500.1d instead of the older r500.1 which is roughly 9" wider.
Regardless this little guy slams, it's definitely worth the price I recommend to all.
Amp came with a birth sheet stating 560 rms @ 2 ohms
Look/design received a 4 because of the spade terminals.
Best selling similar products
• RMS: 300W x 1 @ 4 ohms, 500W x 1 @ 2 ohms
• Total Peak Power: 1000W
• CEA-2006 Compliant Amplifier
• 4-Channel Speaker-Level Inputs
• Heavy Duty Aluminum Alloy Heat-Sink
• Dimensions: 7-7/8"W x 7-7/8"L x 2-3/16"H
• 150 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms
• 300 Watts RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms
• 400 Watts RMS x 1 @ 1 ohm
• Efficient Class-D Monoblock Amplifier
• KickEQ™ 6dB variable bass boost for those additional low frequencies
• FIT+™ (Fail-safe Integration Technology-PLUS) means it works with nearly every radio
• RMS Power: 3000W x 1 @ 4 ohms, 5500W x 1 @ 2 ohms, 10,000W x 1 @ 1 ohm
• Strappable for Up to 20,000W of Power
• Variable Low Pass Filter
• Dimensions: 11.5" W x 37" L x 2.6" H
• RMS Power: 2400W x 1 @ 4 ohms, 4800W x 1 @ 2 ohms, 9000W x 1 @ 1 ohm
• Strappable for Up to 18,000W of Power
• Variable Low Pass Filter
• 3200 Watt Class D Amplifier
• Bass Remote Included
• Angled Terminals for Easy Installation
• Speaker and RCA Level Inputs
Internal Product ID: