• RMS: 75W x 8 @ 4 ohms, 100W x 8 @ 2 ohms, 200W x 4 @ 4 ohms Bridged
• Total RMS Power: 800W
• Unregulated MOSFET switching type
• Dual-Range Differential Balanced Input Section
• Advanced Rollback Protection
• NexD™ Switching Technology
This incredibly flexible amplifier packs a serious full-range punch and delivers a staggering 100 watts to each of its eight channels into 2 ohms (14.4V, 1% THD). The breakthrough that makes this much power possible in such a small chassis is our NexD™ ultra-high-speed switching design, which allows for full bandwidth Class D operation with extremely low distortion and outstanding efficiency.
The M800/8v2 includes a 12 dB / octave filter for each channel bank, which can be configured as a low-pass or high-pass filter and offers continuously variable cutoff frequency selection from 50-500 Hz. The M800/8v2 also features the v2 Spec feature set, which consists of automatic turn-on capability (via signal sensing or DC-offset sensing), and a dual-range differential-balanced input section able to handle a wide range of input voltage levels. With the addition of an HD-RLC remote level control (sold separately), you have the ability to control the level of two, four, six, or all eight of the amplifier's channel levels from the driver's seat.
The obvious feature that sets the M800/8v2 apart is its 8 Channels. That means you have the freedom to drive four pairs of speakers properly, without having to hassle about with wiring configurations, impedance matching, or bridging outputs. If you enjoy getting a little nerdy, then the M800/8v2 gives you the benefit of configuring anything from Six Channel System, A Four Channel System, and everything in betweetn including a system with Multiple Speakers & Subwoofers, All Subwoofers, or even a modest 1 Speaker system if you want to get silly.
Should your JL Audio amplifier reach an unsafe operating temperature, a special circuit rolls back peak power output, without changing gain, until the amplifier cools down to a safe operating temperature. The red "Thermal" LED will light to indicate this condition has been reached. Once the amplifier cools down, the circuit restores full peak power output and the red "Thermal" indicator reverts to its normal state. The operation of Advanced Rollback Protection is inaudible in most cases, but it ensures that your music keeps on playing, even under the most demanding conditions.
JL Audio have taken the simple fixed PWM approach - found in almost all common amplifiers - and enhanced it with a very high switching frequency: 400 kHz, which is exponentially higher than most Class D Full-range amplifiers. This pushes the amplifier's bandwidth to a much higher frequency than seen before, and still provide minimal distortion and improved efficiency, while keeping typically bulky circuity more compact. Your speakers will reward you with crisp, clear performance. The bottom line is simply great audio: clean, powerful and reliable.
Note from JL Audio: While this amplifier is specially designed for marine applications, it is not waterproof and it should not be mounted where it is likely to get wet.Check out the JL Audio M800/8v2 Owner's Manual
This item is currently not eligible for our low price guarantee. This may be due to supply constraints, manufacturer restrictions, or another reason. We're always here to help you get the best price possible so give us a call or email today. Our experts will do their best to build the system that works for you within the rules.
Overall rating distribution
By feature average rating
This product is temporarily out of stock. May we recommend...
• CVP Series 5-Channel Amplifier
• Class-D Circuitry
• 2-Ohm Stereo, 4-Ohm Bridged Full Range Operation
• Direct Short, Thermal, & Overload Circuits Protect Amplifier
• Variable 12dB High, Low, & Subsonic Crossovers
• 65 Watts RMS x 4 @ 4 ohms
• 90 Watts RMS x 4 @ 2 ohms
• 180 Watts RMS x 2 @ 4 ohms (bridged)
• 150 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms (sub channel)
• 300 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms (sub channel)
• Class A/B Full-Range Channel Amplifier w/Class-D Bass Channel
• KickEQ™ 6dB variable bass boost for those additional low frequencies
• FIT+™ (Fail-safe Integration Technology-PLUS) means it works with nearly every radio
• RMS: 75W x 4, 325W x 1 Channel @ 4 ohms, 125W x 4, 500w x 1 channel @ 2 ohms, Bridged, 4 ohms: 250W x 2 channels, 750 watts x 1 channel @ (1 ohm)
• Total Peak Power: 2500W
• 4/3/2 or Mono channel operation
• Fuse Rating: 100A x 1
• Signal to Noise Ration: >104 dB
• Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.05%
• 100 Watts RMS x 6 @ 4 ohms
• 150 Watts RMS x 6 @ 2 ohms
• CEA-2006 Compliant/Preamp Outputs/LPF
• Micro Amp
• 12.9"W x 4.4"L x 1.7"H
• Built-in DSP
• Compact Power
• Class D Full Range
• MOSFET Power Supply
• High Level Input with Signal Sense
Internal Product ID: