• Full-Range RMS: 100W x 4 @ 4 ohms, 75 x 4 @ 3-1.5 ohms
• Subwoofer RMS: 500W x 1 @ 4-1.5 ohms
• R.I.P.S. - Regulated, Intelligent Power Supply
• Single Cycle control - High Fidelity Class D
• Dimensions: 10.74"L x 7.85"W x 1.93"H
FREE set of NVX XIV65 6-Channel RCA Cables when you purchase a qualifying 5 or 6 Channel Amplifier. Simply press the "Add Both to Cart" button. This offer cannot be combined with any other coupons or offers.
For a limited time - while supplies last - get an instant 5% off the JL Audio Remote Bass Knob Control used to adjust the level of your amplifier from the front of the vehicle. This offer cannot be combined with any other offers.
A Quick and Easy Add-on. Turn your amplifier into a Bluetooth Amp with the JL Audio MBT-RX, Marine-Rated Bluetooth Receiver. This offer cannot be combined with any other coupons or offers.
JL Audio's Flagship Series of amplifiers offer unmatched performance from an ultra-compact chassis. These Class D amplifiers require less power, generate minimal heat and take up far less space than the common amplifier design. MHD Series amplifiers reproduce your music with outstanding accuracy, providing high-fidelity sound even under the most demanding conditions, thanks to a number of JL Audio exclusive technologies. Single Cycle Control (U.S. Patent #6,084,450), R.I.P.S System and Advanced Rollback Protection are just a few of the technologies that sets the MHD Series apart from the rest of the market, all designed to deliver top-flight audio performance. In addition, behind every MHD's removable security cover, you will find studio-grade signal processing with fully variable crossover filters to properly tune in your setup and put all the technology under the hood to good use. This marine amplifier features white and gray powder-coat finishes, a gasketed cover for the controls and stainless steel hardware for durability in the marine environment.
Also included are JL Audio's noise-killing, highly flexible differential-balanced inputs with remote level control capabilities for the subwoofer channel via the HD-RLC remote level control (sold separately).
JL Audio's signature Advanced Thermal Rollback protection system eliminates annoying thermal shutdown events to keep the music playing, even under the most demanding conditions. Should the amplifier reach an unsafe operating temperature, a special circuit rolls back peak power output, without changing gain, until the amplifier cools down to a safe operating temperature. The red "Thermal" LED will light to indicate this condition has been reached. Once the amplifier cools down, the circuit restores full peak power output and the red "Thermal" indicator reverts to its normal state. The operation of Advanced Rollback Protection is inaudible in most cases.
The MHD900/5 employs JL Audio's exclusive Regulated, Intelligent Power Supply (R.I.P.S.) design. This sophisticated power supply allows the amplifier to produce high power over a wide range of speaker impedances. Unlike conventional amplifiers that require a specific impedance to produce optimum power, the R.I.P.S.-equipped MHD900/5 gives you the freedom to use a variety of speaker configurations without sacrificing power output or sound quality. The operation of the R.I.P.S. circuitry is entirely automatic and adjusts itself every time the amplifier is turned on according to the lowest impedance present at the speaker load.
This item is currently not eligible for our low price guarantee. This may be due to supply constraints, manufacturer restrictions, or another reason. We're always here to help you get the best price possible so give us a call or email today. Our experts will do their best to build the system that works for you within the rules.
Overall rating distribution
By feature average rating
September 14, 2012
Great Amp, Small Footprint
This thing is a BEAST! It fit behind the seat of my Super Crew with ease and my system sounds amazing! I wish I had a little more juice for my subs (2 10" W1s) at times but I do not regret this purchase one bit. I love the look of my clean install with this amp and did I mention it sounds amazing?!?! Absolutely NO white noise, no hum, just raw power. Worth every penny.
April 29, 2018
Best Amp I have ever owned!!!!
I have owned everything from Polk Audio, Alpine, Kicker and most recently a Pioneer amp all in different vehicles with different setups. I replaced the Pioneer amp with this JL. Install was a breeze as it comes with connectors for the all the wires. Hardest part was figuring out where to mount the amp in the boat. Great design. Great quality. Would recommend it to everyone. Yes it’s expensive but well worth it.
Best selling similar products
• The size of a postcard with 400 Watts True RMS Output!
• • MVP Series 4-Channel Micro Class D Amplifier
• 50W x 4-Chan. @ 4 ohms
• 100W x 4-Chan. @ 2 ohms
• 3-Way System Protection
• 4/3/2/1 Channel Operation
• 8 Gauge Power and Ground Inputs
• Extremely Small Footprint!
• 8 Gauge 4-Channel Complete Amplifier Installation Kit
• For Car Audio Systems Up To 600 Watts RMS
• Silver-Tinned 100% Virgin Copper
• 4-channel RCA Interconnect Cable
• RMS: 80 Watts x 4 @ 4 ohms, 150 Watts x 4 @ 2 ohms, Bridged: 300 Watts x 2 @ 4 ohm
• Total Peak Power: 1000 Watts
• Class D IR Chipset with DirectFET Power Mosfet Output
• Wired remote bass level control included
• Ultra Compact High Density Aluminum Alloy Chassis
• Dimensions: 4.02" W x 8.70" L x 1.40" H
• 50 Watts RMS x 4 @ 4 ohms
• 70 Watts RMS x 4 @ 2 ohms
• Total Peak Power: 280 Watts
• CEA-2006 Compliant/Preamp Outputs/LPF
• Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 Hz
• Dimensions: 8.66"W x 3.09"D x 1.77"H
• 100 Watts RMS x 6 @ 4 ohms
• 150 Watts RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms
• CEA-2006 Compliant/Preamp Outputs/LPF
• Micro Amp
• 12.9"W x 4.4"L x 1.7"H
Internal Product ID: